All reviews bowling alley pro shop two story gathering room play cards saw deer two nights pins restaurant day bed queen bed great room off road volleyball court northern michigan bathroom door first floor domino's pizza
Reviewed 19 October 2007

What a great place to stay! I loved that I was in a hotel room that really didn't look like your typical room. The front desk girl, Lyndsay was great! I asked if I could see a few different rooms to get a better idea of what the resort had to offer. She was more than happy to let me poke around. Every room was different, I can't wait to come again next year and stay in a different room. I totally recommend this as your next vacation spot, and ask for Lyndsay!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Paullygirl
Reviewed 26 August 2005

Drummond Island Resort was built in the 80's by Tom Monahan of Domino's Pizza as a retreat for his employess. Sold several years ago, the resort retains the "little touches" that make it special. We stayed in a loft lodge room; a room the size of an average hotel room with the addition of an upstairs loft with an extra queen bed--making this the first hotel room since we became a family of five to be quite comfortable! The lodge is rustic; with wood walls, log beams and a hunting/fishing decor. Our room was very clean (I was very leery of staying here after reading an earlier review; none of what they wrote was true in our case), but a bit tired--the lodge is 20+ years old.
What we loved was the free bicycles (helmets, childrens bikes and a burley cart were all available), the tennis courts, playground equipment, heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, sauna, The Rock golf course (EXCELLENT!), the sporting clays course, canoes/kayaks and bowling alley. The main lodge (where the front desk staff was extremely friendly) had a huge video library you could borrow from (great the day it rained). The only activities with an additional fee where the golf and shooting.
There are two places available to eat, the "fine dining" on the lake and the Pins Grill--where the majority of the menu was NOT fried and they had the BEST specialty pizzas I've ever had (Buffalo Chicken pizza--boneless Buffalo chicken pieces, blue cheese, green onions, tomatos--my mouth is watering at the memory!)

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank kadelia
Reviewed 30 June 2004

I do not agree with this review, He must of been having a bad day or he is one of those people you can never satisfy. I stay there in one of the bayside cottages overlooking the water the cottage was great and everything worked fine I like the most the rustic atmosphere and everything was clean. The grill had alot more than just fried stuff , the pizza was really good and there are sandwiches , wraps, and dinners on the menu. the front desk staff was very nice and helpful they gave us lots of information on things to do and places to go. I am diffently going back.

7  Thank Go5369
Reviewed 20 April 2004

When I got there the front office manager was very rude. My room wasn't ready yet and I had to go away and come back sometime later. When I did get my room, the heat didn't work so we had to use the fireplace for heat that night. Also the bathrooms weren't clean from the last people who used them. This was the most grose of all. The roof leaked, the pillows smelled bad, and the food at the grill was all fried. Not one thing on the menu that wasn't fried. Disloked my stay will never come back. Am willing to tell as many people as will listen what a terrible place this is. DON'T GO THERE> BE WARNED

9  Thank Coastal36304