All reviews greektown casino glass block fishbones restaurant sitting room bedroom area suite hotel large bathroom deep tub people mover valet parking free shuttle continental breakfast ford field flat screen hotel shuttle shuttle service comerica park
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Stayed at the Atheneum recently, I have not stayed at this hotel in a few years. What a wonderful surprise, Beautiful remodel rooms, clean, easy to access. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, the Valet parking people were courteous. My special review goes to my Bellman, Curtis. What a great guy, happy, friendly, a fountain of information. The Atheneum has a real gem with him. I would go back to stay just to see Curtis and chat with him. The location, right in the heart of Greektown, and walking distance to all the stadiums and Fox town make this the ideal place to stay in Detroit. Staying here will save you $20.00 to $30.00 in taxi or Uber fares.

Room tip: All rooms are suiters
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We used the Atheneum as home base for a boys trip to Motown. The rooms were good size and comfortable so that worked well. Location was within easy walking distance to restaurants and bars, the casino, and Ford Field so that all worked out well. The staff was friendly and helpful. My one caveat is that our rooms were a bit tired and needed a refresh but it looked like they were doing that on other floors so maybe not an issue for long.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Well the rooms were big and comfy. Some parts out dated like the flooring and not having a fan in the bathroom which is super weird. Air conditioning worked in the room which was great cause it got very hot for some reason at night. This is october. Super weird. Anyways would i pay the price again?? For the convenience yes but only for that reason.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a beautiful hotel. Easy to find, & valet parking upon arrival. Very friendly staff, from arrival to checkout. The rooms are spacious, with separated sleeping and living areas. Big bathrooms, and a lot of space. Clean rooms, and quick room service as well. We were close to our events for the weekend, and had a free hotel shuttle to and from our local concert.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The hotel is downtown and close to many things- food, events, etc.... My room was nice and clean, it had a large deep bathtub that was great! However, I was frustrated that though the room was prepaid, I still had to give a credit card that was charged $50! Then when I checked out was told it would take 5 days to refund the money on my credit card.

Date of stay: November 2017