All reviews greektown casino glass block fishbones restaurant suite hotel sitting room bedroom area large bathroom people mover free shuttle deep tub valet parking ford field flat screen hotel shuttle shuttle service comerica park beautiful hotel
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Well the rooms were big and comfy. Some parts out dated like the flooring and not having a fan in the bathroom which is super weird. Air conditioning worked in the room which was great cause it got very hot for some reason at night. This is october. Super weird. Anyways would i pay the price again?? For the convenience yes but only for that reason.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a beautiful hotel. Easy to find, & valet parking upon arrival. Very friendly staff, from arrival to checkout. The rooms are spacious, with separated sleeping and living areas. Big bathrooms, and a lot of space. Clean rooms, and quick room service as well. We were close to our events for the weekend, and had a free hotel shuttle to and from our local concert.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The hotel is downtown and close to many things- food, events, etc.... My room was nice and clean, it had a large deep bathtub that was great! However, I was frustrated that though the room was prepaid, I still had to give a credit card that was charged $50! Then when I checked out was told it would take 5 days to refund the money on my credit card.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a very old hotel that needs some serious updating. Even the phone looks like it's from 1970. The decor is awful and outdated. The door to our room did not seem very secure and it made for an uncomfortable sleep. The bathtub/shower was very weird - it was so high off of the floor that it was hard to get into it. A handicapped person would not be able to use it since I am able-bodied and could barely get into it myself. The location is good though, so I would stay again just for that. But they need to put some money into this place as it is in a desperate need for an update.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Atheneum in Detroit recently and loved it. The Service was spectacular: incredibly thoughtful, helpful and generous staff from shuttle drivers to concierge. Our room was spacious and charming with a marvelously comfortable bed. The location was walking distance from delicious restaurants and interesting sights. We recommend the hotel highly to anyone traveling to Detroit. It was our first visit to the city and everyone at The Atheneum welcomed us warmly. We will surely return. Thank you, Atheneum!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple