All reviews greektown casino glass block fishbones restaurant sitting room bedroom area suite hotel large bathroom deep tub people mover valet parking free shuttle continental breakfast ford field flat screen hotel shuttle shuttle service comerica park
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a beautiful hotel. Easy to find, & valet parking upon arrival. Very friendly staff, from arrival to checkout. The rooms are spacious, with separated sleeping and living areas. Big bathrooms, and a lot of space. Clean rooms, and quick room service as well. We were close to our events for the weekend, and had a free hotel shuttle to and from our local concert.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The hotel is downtown and close to many things- food, events, etc.... My room was nice and clean, it had a large deep bathtub that was great! However, I was frustrated that though the room was prepaid, I still had to give a credit card that was charged $50! Then when I checked out was told it would take 5 days to refund the money on my credit card.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a very old hotel that needs some serious updating. Even the phone looks like it's from 1970. The decor is awful and outdated. The door to our room did not seem very secure and it made for an uncomfortable sleep. The bathtub/shower was very weird - it was so high off of the floor that it was hard to get into it. A handicapped person would not be able to use it since I am able-bodied and could barely get into it myself. The location is good though, so I would stay again just for that. But they need to put some money into this place as it is in a desperate need for an update.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Atheneum in Detroit recently and loved it. The Service was spectacular: incredibly thoughtful, helpful and generous staff from shuttle drivers to concierge. Our room was spacious and charming with a marvelously comfortable bed. The location was walking distance from delicious restaurants and interesting sights. We recommend the hotel highly to anyone traveling to Detroit. It was our first visit to the city and everyone at The Atheneum welcomed us warmly. We will surely return. Thank you, Atheneum!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My boyfriend and I recently rented a room for a night at The Atheneum. The staff was very nice and the hotel is unique. However, upon checking in our $200/night hotel room was suddenly $330. There is a $50 deposit (I've never heard of this before, but whatever). But that still makes the total $280. The person checking us in said it was for "taxes and fees." I've done my research and Detroit does NOT charge that much for occupancy tax. Our room itself was extremely noisy and overlooked a strip club. It was very hard to fall asleep with so much street noise. The bathroom was quite dated and desperately needed a facelift. The bathtub creaked when you stood in the shower and the toilet took 10 minutes to fill and shut off. I would think twice about staying here again! It's definitely NOT a $300/night hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple