1,534 results
All reviews mcnamara terminal an early flight security checkpoint north terminal flying delta park and fly private security check point next morning heavenly bed valet parking club floor ann arbor rental car lobby restaurant beautiful lobby room service
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Stayed for a night before a long 15 hour flight. The room was very clean, modern and with the typical comfortable Westin bed I've come to love. Check-in was very simple and staff helpful. Room was quiet with no disturbances while sleeping. The hotel grounds are very well kept. The biggest perk with this hotel other than being connected to the terminal is its own private TSA Security line. I went from my room to my gate within 5 minutes; allowing me to rest up until the very last minute.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I spent several three night stays in February while visiting the airport for work. The convenience of this property is unparalleled. My rooms were always clean and in good order. The breakfast in the lounge on the top floor for SPG Gold and Platinum guests is nice and dependable. The only disappointment is the service in the restaurant on the main floor. I ate there three nights in a row. One night, while the restaurant was half empty, I had to wait 20 minutes for service. Once I cornered a waiter and asked for a menu I heard him go back to the service area where they started fighting over which one was responsible for my area. The second night I was served the wrong food. The last night my check was wrong. I suggest you dine early so that you are able to get a pass from the front desk to re-enter the terminal area. There are several nice restaurants available in the terminal.
But the hotel itself is a very good choice for any stays at the DTW airport.

Room Tip: There are two choices of view. You may look out onto the airfield or you may look into the atrium.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed incoming on a Thurs night, and then outbound on a Sat night. Three stars is the average of a four star and then a two star experience. We stayed on the 7th floor on Thurs night. The room was immaculate, quiet, and all worked well.

On Sat night, we were on the 5th floor. The walls in the hall were damaged from the luggage carts, the bathroom had mold on the tiles, and paint was peeling on the ceiling. Also, the air conditioning didn't seem to cool the room well.

On both visits, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

It is worth noting that the terminals do not connect, so if you are flying Southwest, the hotel security entrance does you no good. Shuttles leave every 15 minutes to the other terminal, so add a half an hour to when you need to wake up.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2016

Had an early morning flight out of Detroit Metro Airport so I decided to stay at the Westin. Very easy to get to, quick check-in and very nice room. Only downside was the limited # of places to eat without being able to go through security. However, very quiet, fast internet and clean room. Since I was flying Delta, I had to take the shuttle to the other terminal - this was no problem and only took ~10 minutes. Would say here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2016

Despite the $279/night, lack of internet and over-priced everything, I feel the management of Westin clearly fails to trust their employees, save for giving me a free tube of toothpaste. This results in problems being passed over and a host of other issues. The people at the Detroit Westin are wonderful. The management, however, clearly is lacking in leadership and progressive management. Don't waste your time, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business