“Great Corned Beef”

Ranked #88 of 1,254 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Athough, we had eaten here before I had never tried their corned beef. It was yummy! Had it on grilled rye with dressing on the side. SOOOO GOOOOOD!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Reservations for 10 was made and our table was ready. We had a couple of folks that would have chosen not to travel the stairs. Service was great, food was good. Free parking.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered the salad with roasted vegetables and grilled chicken. It was delicious and huge portion. Great food, great service and great value!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. I had hand battered fried fish with fries and cole slaw. Three generous pieces of fish. It was delicious. Great value. Had a coke as well and my total was just over $10. They have a large patio and an upstairs area as well. Unique place. I will be back

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Invited three friends and my son to join me for sandwiches before we attended a Detroit film festival showing nearby. We got there on a moderately quiet evening, and were immediately seated. The waitress was efficient and friendly and brought our beverages quickly. By then, we were relaxing and enjoying the rather home-like atmosphere (the restaurant is in an old house...it was clean and pleasant in all respects that we experienced.) Four of us ordered the Reuben and one the Russian version. My 46-year old son called his sandwich the best corned-beef he'd ever had. Everyone agreed, they were very good. I'd been to Z's Villa before, for luncheon on the second floor with a large group of car club members...we had a very positive experience and great foot that time, too. We thought we were a little tight on time, but the service was fast enough that we had time to chat for awhile before leaving and still had plenty of time. Good food, relaxing atmosphere, reasonable prices, convenient parking, all made for a five-star visit.

Date of visit: April 2018