All reviews concert venue mini fridge next morning comerica park ford field mona lander convention event downtown
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Attending a convention, my wife stumbled upon this great place. I have gluten issues. Mona provided me with gluten-free meals, snacks, drinks and appetizers! She's a great cook and hostess. The remodeling done to this home is fabulous and inspiring. We have a Victorian house in Cleveland, Ohio. Am very impressed with the decor.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the Loft (suite) and loved it. Have met Miss Mona and her staff previous to our stay and enjoyed our time with them. The Loft has a pool table and plenty of room to spread out. Also Ford Field and Comerica Park are right here. Safe and easy getting back and forth. You will appreciate it once you see all the traffic and you already have a cocktail in your hand.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Duane L
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We booked a wedding package which included an open bar, outdoor ceremony and our room for the wedding night and gave a deposit. We subsequently could not get hold of the owner for a walk through or to finalize details. When we finally pinned her down, we found that changes to the zoning or whatever meant there would be no open bar. The outdoor area was now a construction site and to add insult to injury, she rented our room out for 6 a.m the next morning (supposedly some bigwigs needed it and were flying in that morning ) so our room was not available for the wedding night. Avoid this venue at all costs for a wedding. We ended up having a picture perfect wedding at the Scarab Club in Detroit. Oh! She only gave us back half the deposit by the way.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
11  Thank detroitbride2015
histerskinehouse, Public Relations Manager at 234 Winder St Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear misinformed bride. I am sorry that you were not properly informed about what happen to your reservation at 234 Winder St Inn in 2015, but the truth is your Husband to be was unable to secure the venue because of a finical issue. We took his personal check , and the check bounced. He tried so hard to plan this wedding by himself to please you.

We held on to the bounced check for several weeks . When your husband returned to pay another deposit in certified funds the bed rooms had already been rented to some one else. He stated that" he understood and left the second deposit for just the venue". Please keep in mind this was weeks later.

Your husband stated a few days later that "you were not happy with the arrangements that were made and did not want to host your wedding here at 234 Winder St Inn" with out having the bedrooms included . We promptly refunded his nonrefundable deposit so he could make arrangements elsewhere to satisfy his bride.

The amount not refunded form the second deposit only covered the bank fees for the first bad check we received when he cancelled the date.

We are a small business and were unable to hold rooms for weeks at a time. I did read that your wedding was beautiful and that's really what counts .

Please ask Mr S what really happened it wasn't our fought, and it wasn't his he is a wonder person just trying to please his bride.

All of our clients big shots I have held on for two years not sending this respond to make sure that things went well in your marriage, but I have to let you know what really happened.
Mona

Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

I had the honor to host my wedding and reception at 234 Winder St. Inn February 2013. Mona, the caretaker was most amazing! Hospilitaly like nowhere else! The mansion it's self is nostalgic of an older time. The architecture is beautiful and nicely restored. The staff went above and beyond any of my expectations :-) Mona herself prepared our entire meal for my reception of about 80 guests. Everything was perfect! My husband and I felt like a king and queen and my family royalty. I would recommend hosting an event at this venue and especially with Mona!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Detroit and I surprised my husband with a trip to see the Tigers play. The walk from the B&B to the stadium was literally 2 minutes, it doesn't get any closer than that! Everyone at 234 Winder really set the standard for hospitality, the service was excellent! Everyone there was so kind and welcoming, the food was delicious! We will definitely be going back.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank penguin_cass