“Exceeded my expectations”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Five of us ate there and all had a great meal at a great price. I haven't tasted better Mexican food outside of Mexico. Staff is friendly and eager to please. Two of us shared a meal...extra plate brought out without being asked or charging extra. Best lime margaritas ever...not too sweet or too weak!. Ordered 1/2 liter for the 3 adults to share...what a deal at $13! Left a Yeti cup on the table... manager raced a block to catch up with us and return it. Thank you all!

2  Thank puertovallartacondos

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here after a concert on Friday night. This place used to be busy on weekends & even had a mariachi band. It was practically empty-maybe 5 tables occupied. We sat outside which was nice. The chips & salsa were fresh & tasty. Then came our food...

I'm vegetarian & ordered crunchy bean tacos. When it arrived the beans inside looked dark but I thought it was because they were fried. It tasted bland and pretty gross. I tried adding salsa but it didn't help. I then realized it was some sort of beef. Not sure what kind as it was the consistency of refried beans. Waitress offered to replace but I had totally lost my appetite & was just hoping I didn't get sick. She took it off the bill (just as she took off items from two other tables near us.)

My husband, who is Mexican and a dedicated carnivore, ordered the barbacoa tacos. Every bite he took was all fat. No meat. He finished 1 of the 3 and we asked for the check.

In the meantime, we witnessed another server take a glass of water off of a table that had just left and serve it to a new table. Someone call the health department!!!!!

Never again!!

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Visit with Family. Read previous TripAdvisor reviews on suggestions for Mexicantown. My assumption was based on the name they really should now how to cook authentic Mexican food. Welp this place wrong. Very disappointed. Guacamole was extremely fresh. No salt no cilantro = no flavor. Had the pork chimichanga no flavor daughter had the wet burrito chicken no flavor husband had the California burrito Retried brand came from an industrial #10 can. Extremely to salty. Burrito came with rice and the burrito was stuffed with rice. $50 later we were not pleased at all. Mural outside was pretty and a good photo op.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Absolutely love this place. The service is top notch, the food can't be beat and the prices are good. It can be busy but they usually get you in within a decent time. Good selection of beer. Great atmosphere with a nice patio to sit outside. Not sure what the main host's name is but he's awesome. There is a parking lot with security just to the side of the restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stopped there for dinner on Saturday with our son and grandkids. The tacos and enchiladas are incredible as are the flautas. Great portions, nice setting and fabulous service. Don't miss Los Galanes.