“Great Mexican restaurant and Good prices”
Review of Los Galanes

Los Galanes
Ranked #76 of 1,247 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Absolutely love this place. The service is top notch, the food can't be beat and the prices are good. It can be busy but they usually get you in within a decent time. Good selection of beer. Great atmosphere with a nice patio to sit outside. Not sure what the main host's name is but he's awesome. There is a parking lot with security just to the side of the restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stopped there for dinner on Saturday with our son and grandkids. The tacos and enchiladas are incredible as are the flautas. Great portions, nice setting and fabulous service. Don't miss Los Galanes.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I called Los Galanes and made a reservation for 12 for my husband’s 40th birthday. We arrived ahead of our party, cake in hand. The hostess THEN disclosed that no outside food was allowed, as of a year ago. Now, we’ve celebrated birthdays here in the past and always brought in cake. I don’t know why the person who took my reservation neglected to mention that important detail.

Needless to say, we did not stay. We went right down Vernor to a fabulous restaurant. They not only accommodated our party, but they kept the cake in the cooler until time and brought it out with a beautiful birthday serenade.

I’m disappointed in Los Galanes and their “new policy”. We won’t revisit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This used to be my favorite restaurant in the Mexican Village area of Detroit. I had the pollo en mole, and could not finish it: I was polite and asked for a box but I threw it away when I got home.

A friend with me ordered enchiladas, and he did not ask for a box; in fact we went elsewhere else to get something to eat, because we were hungry and the food was so poor.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I was looking for real Mexican food and found it here. From the Nachos to the Guacamole and the Margarita everything was delicious. The main course combo too ...