“Birthday Disappointment”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I called Los Galanes and made a reservation for 12 for my husband’s 40th birthday. We arrived ahead of our party, cake in hand. The hostess THEN disclosed that no outside food was allowed, as of a year ago. Now, we’ve celebrated birthdays here in the past and always brought in cake. I don’t know why the person who took my reservation neglected to mention that important detail.

Needless to say, we did not stay. We went right down Vernor to a fabulous restaurant. They not only accommodated our party, but they kept the cake in the cooler until time and brought it out with a beautiful birthday serenade.

I’m disappointed in Los Galanes and their “new policy”. We won’t revisit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This used to be my favorite restaurant in the Mexican Village area of Detroit. I had the pollo en mole, and could not finish it: I was polite and asked for a box but I threw it away when I got home.

A friend with me ordered enchiladas, and he did not ask for a box; in fact we went elsewhere else to get something to eat, because we were hungry and the food was so poor.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I was looking for real Mexican food and found it here. From the Nachos to the Guacamole and the Margarita everything was delicious. The main course combo too ...

Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is the best Mexican food I have had outside of Mexico!! Absolutely delicious grilled tacos, rice and beans. The area of Mexican Town is very interesting, the restaurant itself is very nice and the patio is awesome! It really is a great and unexpected place! Get the Mexican hot chocolate to finish off the meal!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We went here on a crowded Saturday night. We were told it would be a bit of a wait, but they had a table for us within 10 minutes. The atmosphere is quaint and colorful and the food was excellent. I had the chicken enchiladas and they were outstanding!