“Great wings!”

McShane's Irish Pub & Whiskey Bar
Ranked #204 of 1,234 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: An Irish Pub & Whiskey Bar located in Detroit's oldest neighborhood featuring a huge beer garden, free safe secured parking with free shuttle service to all downtown events. An Irish-American Sports bar located in the heart of the Motor City with a huge selection of Michigan craft beer and not so traditional bar fare ranging from signature Irish Egg Rolls, Shepherds Pie to the best Wings and macaroni & cheese in the city.
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I recommend getting the wings if you go. We went there pre Tigers game and they offer a free shuttle to the game. Everyone was kind and a great atmosphere. I would go back.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Biggest piece of advise for viewers is don't go here if you are going to a big event downtown, they can't handle the busy rush. Sat at our table for 20 minutes asking where our waitress was before someone finally took the initiative to take our order despite this not being her table. Then waited another hour before our food came again after inquiring where it was. When we finally did get our food I got someone else's meal and our friends food was somewhat cold, corn beef sandwich was misleading "piled high" from menu, we will stick with where we know it actually does come piled high. They said they would bring me what I did order but I said no, we've waited long enough just to get this!!
He apologized and gave me a gift certificate. Thank you but we won't be back.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Thank God there are a lot of better places around or we'd have starved to death. We tried this place after walking around Cork-town for awhile. The patio had potential if someone would take the time to pick up the trash and powerwash it. The smell of marijuana was a nice touch but I guess being in Detroit that's going to happen. The menu had a great selection but by the time our drunken waitress brought our drinks and appetizer (don't drinks usually come out first?) we were too hungry to wait to place an order. After she spilled half of two of our drinks on the table and our laps we decided to split and find somewhere else to eat. Of course the manager said there was "no way" she was drunk (believe me, she was on SOMETHING if not booze) and didn't want to hear about her. My girlfriend said the ladies restroom was nice and clean but the men's was a disaster with a full waste basket spilling out onto the floor. I wouldn't mind trying it another time because I'd like to try the food but if that girl is working, I'll pass!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We had the Club and Rueben sandwiches. Very good food. Service was excellent. Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My intention was to eat at PJs nearby, but they were closed, so I ended up here instead. They serve bar food with things like hickory-smoked bacon, but I had a vegetable burger which was OK. The place is less 'trendy' compared to its neighbours, but if you like to watch 14 sports simultaneously while chomping through your huge burger, this is the place. My three-star rating is perhaps a little unfair, as it probably deserves four if you like this kind of thing. I just wished they had more vegan options.