“Ask the Best to find the Best ... Eat the Best !! Wow !!”

Dearborn Meat Market
Ranked #63 of 322 Restaurants in Dearborn
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Having grown up in beef country, my ears perked when Michigan Media Maven Travis Wright used the words Best`Beef`` preceding a conglomerate of other words like Kabob`, `Feast`, `Lebanese and Dearborn (?!). I rank Calgary`s culinary beef creativity with Buenos Aires and Tokyo and I would not ordinarily have been very interested, but the day before I had a GREAT dinner in Farmington Hills and now had a truly whetted appetite. True, Dearborn sets the continent's mid-east food standards ... but beef is a global affair.
Welcome to a butcher shop.
This is a butcher shop with enthusiastic experts with their electric saws, cutters and sharpened knives behind the glass.
After an introduction where Mr. Wright explained I come from Calgary, the yet unnamed owner walked us through the back of the shop and into the utility room where he opened one of two walk-in refrigerators and showed us his cuts and aging ... we walked back to the shop then ordered what we wanted and was told it will be prepared immediately.
We walked from the shop back into the utility room and then out the back of that area into a small six table room with a classic middle eastern coal-fired bar-b-que radiating intensely.
At this point I have to explain that I am rarely interested in writing notes about mediocrity or disappointments, but I feel like I will not be taken seriously if it sounds like I am excited all the time ... but I have no choice than to leave myself vulnerable if I am going to be honest:
I can only remember two times ever feeling as much pleasure eating a piece of rare beef as I had there ... at 66 I felt like a teenager who was going to enjoy the next few hours in a long sought after delightful experience.
Kabobs, minced and formed Kafta, amazing Beef Makanek sausage ALL juicy and delicious, leaving me no room for the Chicken, beef liver, beef heart and more, some of which Travis and my wife enjoyed. When I realized my teenage-like experience was going to be cut short (as though my parents broke up the party too early) I had them grill me more to take with me.
I enjoyed my Beef Kababs cold ... for two more days.
I cannot offer a better example to illustrate my pleasure, but I did take some pictures.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The food really is excellent. The staff is very friendly. Of course it's not a fancy place by any means but the food and service make up for that for sure. Shish Tawook seasoning is the best anywhere. Priced by the skewer at a very fair price. They know exactly how to cook it so even chicken breast isn't dried out like other places. Beef kabob tender and perfectly marbled and cooked to be juicy not dry. Keep up the great work!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank RASHID007CA
Reviewed 30 October 2016

It was my first time visiting...suggested by my son who frequents when traveling to Michigan from Houston, Texas..
I took his suggestion and must say...i shall return...
The food is simply....EXCELLENT and the owner ....very kind!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Delighted to go to this Dearborn favorite with my family. It was my first visit , although my sons are frequent lunchtime visitors. We had a wonderful ,fresh parsley and tomato salad, humus, baba Hanoog , and beef heart, beef, and chicken kabobs . Also, truly delightful Kafta, all cooked to order on an open fire along with fresh vegetables and fresh pita bread. The owners, grill master and waiter were friendly and welcoming! This restaurant also has a full menu of carry out items. You can't beat the Dearborn Meat Market for a fresh, delicious, and delightful lunch.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank louannb792
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This is just a small butcher shop with a dining area. It doesn't look like much, but I honestly can't think of a place that serves better food. All of the kabobs are reasonably priced and taste amazing. The hummus is maybe the best I've had. Just go, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: July 2016