All reviews ritz carlton art gallery for sale beautiful hotel the club lounge on display upscale hotel detroit area self parking greenfield village exercise room would highly recommend this hotel bed was very comfortable breakfast buffet shopping mall the concierge level fitness center
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night for a quick getaway. Early checkin of 2pm was easily accommodated. Placed us high up on 9th floor towards one end, so quiet and private. Used the pool and hot tub, one of the best with plenty of towels, chairs, loungers and tables. They have excellent men's and women's change rooms with soap and shampoo dispensers in the showers. Exercise room also one of the best with treadmills with individual TVs with disposable headphones provided. Also water, fruit, granola bars, saniwipes for equipment; another room for free weighs, universal gym equipment, etc...The hotel has free self parking or valet for fee. Staff was all round professional and friendly. Room had King size bed, ac, safe, coffee maker, mini fridge, couple bottles of free water provided, 2 bathrobes, nice size bathroom with plenty of towels, soap etc...40 in flatscreen TV with Internet TV thou didn't try...over all an excellent hotel and would recommend to all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Henry D, Front Office Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to sharing your experience at the Henry.

With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.
I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

If I may lend any assistance with your upcoming reservations please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Staying an average of 100 nights per year in hotels, I always look forward to coming back to The Henry. Not opulent or truly luxurious, but always clean, and has just what one needs. Club lounge always has a nice spread for breakfast and dinner plus dessert. Free alcohol during dinner time. Always great staff from doormen to desk to housekeeping. Had a bizarre regional power outage during our stay and it was handled perfectly, with elevators quickly in service and announcements quickly made. This is important as I was in an IRA bombing in the Uk ,and evacuated for two hotel fires in my lifetime. I just love The Henry and hope it always remains as it is.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZippyRoo

Good Evening,

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I recently spent 3 days at The Henry, coordinating a conference for a customer. All in all, I give this hotel high marks.

The good: Super close proximity to Ford is a big factor to many, but was not a factor in our choice to hold a medical conference here. The lobby is very stylish and attractive and makes you want to stop and linger a bit. Restaurant food quality was excellent, although I found the electronic menus to be less convenient than a regular old printed menu (and I'm typically a fan of technology). I like that the business center is located right across from the elevator bank for easy access when I need to come down from my room to print something. This hotel has implemented Marriott's connection to Netflix and other streaming services on all the in-room TV's. Bathrooms were nicely appointed, beds were comfortable, outlets plentiful.

The bad: Beer is big in Michigan (and everywhere), so Tria restaurant could help itself by expanding it's line of craft and local beers. Elevators seemed slow. There are three elevators and eleven floors, which should be sufficient, but these elevators did not seem to respond as well as newer elevator systems. Honestly, I'm just being picky here. This is a perfectly nice hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the Concierge Level if you are staying on a week day. Very good selection of foods in the morning and evening.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Group_Hotel_Pro

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. Your comments are truly appreciated, and I am delighted to see that your stay with us was enjoyable!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Conveniently located to Detroit airport (a 15-minute drive or $25 cab ride). Service is excellent, very friendly and accomodating. Lobby areas and halls are hung with original artwork, all for sale. Rooms are ok - nothing especially luxurious about the room or the bath. Room service, fitness center and business center are all open 24 hours, but in a hotel of this level, I expected a stocked mini-bar. Refrigerator in the room, but no snacks. Don't expect a view - you're basically in the middle of a bunch of parking lots.

Room Tip: high floor is best
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Snoeberry

Good Evening,

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

‘Ello chaps!

Looking for a luxury hotel in the shadows of Detroit, without being downtown? The Henry Hotel may be your spot.

The Henry is a member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, where as it has its own unique “personality” in terms of décor and atmosphere.

The Henry offers luxury rooms with plenty of space, fridge, ironing boards, and the typical amenities one would expect.

Located across the street from Ford Motor Company’s world headquarters, you get a great view of the building from your room. If on the right side, you can also see in the distance the skyline of downtown Detroit.

There is an indoor pool, whirlpool, and workout room. NOTE: I believe the ownership changed in the past few years, in which the owners took out the sauna.

There is an onsite restaurant (yup, you’ll pay a few more bucks than if you eat at a restaurant off property) and ballroom space.

The décor was nice, and I found there to be nice rooms off the lobby where you can enjoy an evening relaxing with friends by the fireplace.

This is a full service hotel as well, valet, and baggage service. If you’re the kind of person like myself who would prefer to park your car yourself, or put the bags on the baggage cart yourself, then you’ll be annoyed by the grief given by employees who demand they handle your bags.

While I understand some high end guests like to be waited on hand and foot, not all do, and this hotel should really take the opportunity to allow those guests who wish to carry their own bags to do so without harassment.

On the flip side, there was a fantastic feature I loved about this hotel.

If you experience customer service that goes above and beyond, you’re encouraged to fill out a recognition slip (in a booklet found in your room) and hand it to the employee. They can use these recognition slips to earn points and awards. It seems like a great way to allow guests to recognize great customer service, and allows employees to be rewarded and inspired to maintain high morale.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank HerbertEdgewood
Jacklynn P, Front Office Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. Your kind words in regards to the property are truly appreciated, and I hope your time spent in Dearborn was enjoyable.

In reviewing your comments, I do apologize for the issue you experienced with your luggage handling. This is by no means the level of service we hold ourselves to and we would love an opportunity to regain your trust with the brand. Please feel free to reach out directly at any time.

Thank you, have a wonderful day!

Jacklynn P.