“Great Detroit Hotel Close to Downtown”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at The Henry last weekend to attend the Jethro Tull concert in downtown Detroit. This hotel is only 11 miles from the downtown core with easy access to the highways. Very nice, very clean room. Beautiful grounds. The hotel is located in a very nice part of Dearborn, very close to the Ford Head Office. Save area. Lively lobby experience. The bathroom was very nice as well - clean and well laid out. Perfectly located to enjoy the various Ford museums and Greenfield Village. We will definately use The Henry again when we are in the Detroit area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheOakvillian
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Henry. I hope the concert was fun and am happy to see that you and your family had a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Dearborn area!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and I really liked it.
The hotel is in Dearborn and its only problem is that there is not much around this place. The hotel looks more like an art gallery with all the artwork around the lobby! The doorman and front desk staff were really nice and respectful. The hotel lobby is really beautiful with lots of artwork.
Room was very decent, everything was really clean, all the sheets, towels were spotless. There is a fridge in the room which was helpful. Bed was quite comfortable.
There is a restaurant on site which I didn't try and cannot comment on it.
Pros: very nice and clean, nice staff, beautiful property with lots of artwork
Cons: there is nothing around the hotel
I really enjoyed my visit and I will stay again if I have to.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kamitravel

Thank you for staying at the Henry while visiting the Dearborn area. I am thrilled to see that you were able to enjoy the beautiful artwork that is displayed throughout the hotel. We are an arts boutique hotel and are proud to be part of the Marriott Autograph Collection. We have a partnership with a local art gallery, Park West, and have over 400 works of art displayed throughout the lobby and guest corridors. We also offer art tours and exclusive pricing for the guests of the Henry. If you would like to learn more about the uniqueness of the Henry, please do not hesitate to contact me at alina.lehman@behenry.com. I would also love the opportunity to discuss with you some of the 'cannot miss' local attractions such as the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village for the next time you are in the area. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back next time you are visiting the Dearborn area!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

What this hotel does well, it does really well. You can still see hints of the Ritz Carlton service underneath the more casual layer of Marriott-fication. Front house staff, concierge attendants, doormen -- couldn't be more professional and helpful.

But then there are so many parts of this hotel that just don't work. If you need to stay here for business, be prepared to be completely unconnected during your stay. The WIFI here, while free, is completely absent in any of the rooms. Trying to get connected in any room and on any floor is an exercise in futility -- so much so that the hotel has even removed the tech support numbers from the hotel rooms since tech support is even unable to help. It's free, but you get what you pay for.

And speaking of exercise, don't expect to get much done while you're here. The exercise room is the size of a closet, frequently crowded, and frequently stocked with equipment that's broken.

And speaking of broken, be prepared for a less-than-stellar experience in your room. Bathroom fixtures are often out of order (don't expect your tub to drain during your shower). Desk lamps usually don't work. Television reception is pretty spotty and sometimes your TV will just shut itself off. Pleas to the engineering staff for fixes are usually met with silence, and nothing ever gets fixed.

So again, what works well here works well here. What doesn't work well here will leaving you wishing for more -- especially at these prices.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors can be like being in a wind tunnel, but they're better appointed. Try to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank ChiTownLGBTTraveler

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to the Henry. I am happy to see that you received great service from our Henry Ambassadors as they truly care about our guests and ensuring they have a memorable experience. I do apologize that you had other issues during your stay and want to assure you that your concerns have been addressed. We have made recent improvements to our internet services and just finished a renovation of our fitness center, complete with brand new state of the art cardio and weight equipment. Once again, thank you for your helpful feedback and we hope you are able to visit the Henry again to experience the new updates we have made.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I wanted to take the time to write about a wonderful worker at The Henry. She is a security guard at The Henry. When we first arrived at The Henry we found the hotel to be so beautiful. Once we got settled into our room the unexpected occurred. Our 15 month old daughter suffered a seizure and we had to call a squad. The security guard brought the emts to the room as soon as she could. While at the hospital my son called and told us that the very nice security guard got him pizza and a cookie for dinner. This was so kind of her because he was staying at the hotel by himself. My son even said she could relate to our situation because she has a family member that had seizures. The next day when my husband went to check out he was handed a gift bag from the woman at the desk. Inside was a stuffed unicorn for my daughter Ava and a card signed by the whole staff. The woman at the desk told my husband that the security guard had bought the unicorn for my daughter. I just found this so amazing. Someone so kind and so sweet did that for someone she hardly knew. She went above and beyond. She took a situation that was the most terrible thing we have ever been through and made it a bit easier. When we get a chance to go back we are staying at The Henry for sure!!!!!
Rachel Taylor

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pinksparkle11

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the wonderful service you encountered at the Henry. We appreciate your kind words about our Loss Prevention Supervisor, Vernessica, as she is a true asset to the Henry and a reflection of what our hotel strives to represent. We are all thrilled to hear that your daughter is doing well and hope to welcome you back to the Henry when you are visiting the Dearborn area again!

Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

The staff is pleasant and courteous and very congenial.

The room was as you would expect with fewer amenities in the bathroom than you're normally used to. I'm glad I had carried toiletries and not depended on finding them there.

But imagine my shock, horror, and disgust when I found blood on the inside of my shower curtain. I nearly threw up!

I didn't have an opportunity to try the restaurant but the hotel bar is ridiculous. I mean, seriously, what bar doesn't know how to make a chocolate martini?!? The rest of the drinks we ordered were terrible as well.

Choose valet parking if you don't want to hike a mile (it felt like) in heels.

I'll reserve judgment on the bed as I can't be entirely sure that the bed wasn't comfortable..... I slept well enough but the experience, the feel, was nowhere near what I've experienced in other hotels.

I did not use and can't comment on the hotel's other amenities, which seemed okay.

I'm more than a little disappointed; I thought this was one of the better hotels. It was just a night, else I'd have been upset.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DominoP3
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to the Henry. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit and am extremely disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues as well. We take great pride in our cleanliness standards and can assure you your concerns have been addressed. I am also disappointed to see that the drink menu did not meet your expectations. I am happy to say that we do have a fall drink menu available in Tria with delicious new drinks such as Fireside Roasted Nut Martini as well as our Chocolate Covered Pretzel Specialty Cocktail. Once again, I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay as it helps us evaluate areas in need of improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at alina.lehman@behenry.com if you would like to discuss your visit in more detail.