“Great time, great waitress, hostesses could do a lot better”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #39 of 323 Restaurants in Dearborn
Reviewed 3 November 2017

The food was excellent and our waitress (Salina) very good. However we almost missed out on a good meal because of the attitude of the two hostesses in the lobby. You would have thought smiling would hurt their make-up. Not a 'Welcome to Olive Garden' or something cheery. Two joyless hostesses who wanted to seat us at the bar. When we expressed that we would rather sit at a table they insisted and only gave up reluctantly. And I thought trying to please the customer was the main thing. The restaurant was not even half full but they told us that we'd have to wait 2 minutes to be seated which turned out to be closer to 10. We overheard the next guests also making comments about the warmth of the greeters. Like us they were thinking of bolting. Thankfully we were seated and then enjoyed a great meal.
As we left we thought we'd get a "Thanks for eating at Olive Garden' or "Come back and see us soon" but that was not to be as the hostesses were busy not being hostesses.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Got the all you can eat pasta deal---$9.99. Delicious pasta dishes and Italian Salad. Did I say, all you can eat? Overeating wasn't hard to do. Service was good. Server was all business, but efficient.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I continue to go to Olive Garden, mainly for their great salad and bread sticks. Their food seems to have steadily moved into the mediocre class. I ordered the chicken parmesan with a pesto pasta. The chicken was cooked too long and the pasta was overflowing in pesto sauce, Also, you could tell that the dish had sat under a heat lamp for a long time as it was hot all over. The service was pretty good on a relatively busy night. I think they need to rethink how to reduce the choices on their menu and increase the quality and taste of the dishes and they could recover pretty quickly as long as they keep that endless salad and breadsticks in place.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

When we want something light at the end of our traveling day, no other food can take the place of Olive Garden's fresh, crunchy salad and one of their superb hot Italian soups, such as the Minestrone, Toscana, Gnocchi, and Fagioli. Even a glass of red Roscato topped off the evening well. Our waitress, Andrea, was great as well.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017

My server was Olivia and she wasn't the basic serve and leave type. She knew the menu and made great suggestions. I told her I was in town for business and she answered my 'tourist' questions and let me relax and enjoy a great meal!

Date of visit: July 2017