“Best Thai in Metro-Detroit”

Bangkok 96 Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 301 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I went to Bangkok 96 with two friends from work. I had the Bangkok 96 Rice and my friends had vegetarian entrees. Love their Hot and Sour Soup. Always consistently delicious.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

This restaurant was one of the few recommended by our hotel. We went during a non-peak time (4PM) and got served immediately. We both had stir fry dishes with chicken. The chicken pieces were good meat tender white meat, not skin or poor cartilage. The vegez that were crisp, not mush. I had the hot seasoning and it was excellent. They were busy even at the non-peak time, no problem with parking and it seemed to be a clean establishment. If I lived in the area, I would definitely frequent this place.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My daughter and son-in-law are avid fans and get take-out at least once a week from here. I live close enough that I walked over twice in one week to sit at the bar counter and eat. The family who waits on you remembers you! The Hot and Sour soup is fantastic, but I am progressing toward Vegan and GF so it makes things more challenging. The Fresh Rolls with Cucumber Peanut Dipping sauce are incredible and have a veggie option. There are a myriad of curries and pad this and that which all are incredibly fresh and good. I ask for Medium heat and that is usually plenty for me. My grandson is two and loves this food!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Never had a bad meal there...and the hot & sour soup is the best anywhere! The appetizers are great also. One my favorites places.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I have a recommendation: Don't go to this restaurant. It's Thai food by name, only. All the rich flavors and scents that make Thai food so desirable: Nothing of that. Cheap, uninspired thrown together muck.

I ate a Gai Tom Ka soup as a starter. At least that had some lemongrass in it. But the white stuff was no coconut cream, it didn't have any taste. Dissolved flour?

As a main dish, I had green curry. I love Thai green curry for its rich flaovors and scents. This had nothing of that. Not the slightest hint. Did not taste like any type of curry. Not even like Coconut milk (which should be the base of this dish). Same dissolved flour. Salty, but the only taste was that of scorched peanut oil. Chicken meat was old, dry and slightly offish, vegetables were just a heap of uncooked green peppers and some canned peas. That is not a green curry.

Even if you don't know Thai food, you'll be disappointed of how tasteless food can be. If you know Thai food and expect something in that direction, this is not even a sad shadow of its original. Nowhere close.

OK, service is friendly. But that didn't help, this time.

I have no idea where all the good reviews come from. I got mislead, please do not make the same mistake.