1,748 results
All reviews crown metropol luxe king pool area luxe view loft suite atrium restaurant room service spa room car park swan river bistro guillaume great room modo mio my birthday food court an upgrade valet parking
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed at the Metropol this weekend for a romantic (kid free) getaway. We chose to stay in a Luxe King spa room on a package deal. We did this as people had recommended the club lounge that apparently came with this room type. On arrival, I asked about club 9 and was told by front desk staff that it was "closed for renovations". As this was the only reason I booked this particular hotel, I was disappointed. I queried this with the front desk staff the following morning and this time I was told that the lounge "had been closed for 2 months and would not be re-opening". I was told that it was not written on my booking anywhere and they had removed all mention of the club lounge from the web page. When I suggested that paying 700 a night for a room would give the impression that club facilities were included, I was told that I had valet parking and breakfast included! When I returned to the room, we found Club 9 mentioned clearly in the facilities guide supplied. Blood boiling!
OK, fair call - maybe I should have checked. Suffice to say, if you want or expect a club lounge, don't bother going to the Metropol!
Now that I have that off my chest, the room we had (1017) had a fantastic view, and was large and well appointed. Bed was comfortable and shower was good. Room décor was modern and clean. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night (busy) and did not detect any noise from surrounding rooms. Restaurants and facilities around the complex were OK but a little on the pricy side. You can get reasonable quality food (under $20) from inside the casino itself but be prepared for "eat fast & get out" style.
Express check out is available but I suggest you actually attend the desk and view your account. We were charged for internet (which was supposed to be complimentary on our booking) and will now have to wait for the money to be returned to us....
Overall, I think everybody wants to feel like they have got value for money and unfortunately we left feeling like we had been ripped off. I think the hotel itself has that wow factor but you certainly pay handsomely for the experience. We won't be in a rush to go back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matnshaz
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Matnshaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Firstly, I appreciate your positive feedback regarding your well-appointed and modern guest room. I would like to apologise for any confusion regarding our 9 Lounge which has ceased operating. As you have noted, we do offer a range of alternative packages which include full breakfast and valet parking.

I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Outstanding accommodation with very helpful staff. Business facilities were ideal for an impromptu meeting. Facilities were good - in room breakfast nice and all round a very comfortable location to stay in when in Perth.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Paid extra for the luxe view king room because I wanted to wake up to the views and when I got there I got 'upgraded' to a spa room without any view at all. Wasn't happy at all. I would of paid for a cheaper room if that was going to happen.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skye N
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Skye N,

Thank you for your review.

I was sorry to learn that you did not enjoy our upgraded Luxe King Spa room and would like to extend my apologies for any disappointment. Our Duty Manager team are available 24-hours a day should you have any concerns regarding your stay.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Crown metrople hotel is an exciting place to stay in as there is a variety of food outlets and the casino provides hours of fun and of course the chances of making or losing money! Gamers can use their points to get food is much welcome
The hotel reception is warm and efficient for both chevking in and out and for making enquiries
I especially like the idea for providing guests with green apples at the reception desk.Though a small gesture,it goes a long way of expressing appreciation.
I also enjoyed the food at the Chinese restaurant. Menu has variety

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your review, Peck S.

I was so pleased to hear that your recent stay was so enjoyable you found our extensive selection of restaurants throughout the complex so convenient. Indeed all tastes are catered for at Crown Perth with some of the city's best restaurants at our doorstep.

Your comments regarding our warm and efficient front desk team are also very much appreciated, and I will be sure to share your feedback with my colleagues.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Stayed in a twin room in the Metropol and it was an awesome room. Newly renovated and everything was new and modern.
Room was spacious with a great view of the city and the numerous pools. It was not hot enough to swim so didnt experience this area. Would like to go back during summer.
Staying here is a great location with lots of choices of eatery and entertainment for adults.
Check in and out was no problems and staff are really nice and friendly.
Definately would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends