Crown Promenade Perth(Burswood)(Great Value!)
US$144
Burswood Home(Burswood)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,717 results
All reviewscrown metropolluxe kingpool arealuxe viewloft suiteatrium restaurantroom servicespa roomcar parkswan riverbistro guillaumegreat roommodo miofood courtmy birthdayan upgradevalet parking
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Hubby booked here and being a trip advisor member, I always check what others have written, this led me to be a little concerned in coming here. But we were very impressed, we had 2 rooms (us & teenagers in the other). The rooms were clean, tidy, nothing left by other guests. We were also very lucky to get views over the pool and the city. This was great as I love to take photos. There was a small queue at check -in, but staff quickly found another staff member to help. Check-in was easy, the staff friendly, as were the valet & concierge staff. A thank you must go to the young man who brought up our bags and generally asked was there a reason we were staying here and I mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary and we needed to relax due to some stress. Later that night a bottle of wine & card came up to the room saying congrats to our wedding anniversary. A very nice touch. We paid extra to have access to the club lounge and breakfast in the morning. There are renovations going on, and this is explained to you, so the club lounge is in a temporary spot at the moment. But every effort has gone into making the lounge lovely. The staff there are amazing, (the Crown should be proud of them) not only did one particular young man remember our room numbers but what we also preferred to drink. Just checking as we walked in the door if that is still what we would like that night. Lovely to chat to, all staff smiled and were happy to talk to you or answer your questions, filled your glass without having to call them. The cleaners did thier job, no problems there. The pool facilities were great, too cold for me, but our teenagers did enjoy their time there. There is also the indoor pool and spa, again too cold for me, but the teenagers loved it. Hubby watched the grand footy final out at the bar there, as there was only a small group of people watching it and there were couches to sit on. Where the sports bar inside was more tall chairs and small tables, not to his taste. There is a charge for the large blue beds, but there is certainly more than enough (well at least this time of year) other deck chairs, round beds, and cane beds to use. The pool bar staff are a little slow at getting your orders/drinks out, which considering they were not the busy shouldn't have been an issue. Something they should work on, as we were not the only ones to think so. The changes in the hotel are great, we were there 4 years ago and we could certainly see the improvements, not only in how the hotel looks, which is great, but also the staff, they all were happy, smiling and did what they could to help. I did use the Isika spa facilities, so will write a review under that, but was impressed. We also went to a few of the restaurants and I have added reviews to their names.
The only thing I think that the Crown should do is bring back dress standards, not only in the hotel but also the casino. When someone would look tidier without the shirt that they have on then have it on, I personal think that is sad. It is nice to dress up.
Overall we had no complaints, loved that the hotel was clean, tidy, looking great, the rooms are what you expect, comfortable, clean, the staff were lovely. We had a great 3 days there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Firstly the checkin was lengthy and our credit card had to be supplied as the booking was prepaid. OK that is not unusual although never before have we been told that a specific amount would be reserved on the card.

Our bags were delivered OK... but the wait was over half an hour.

The room was with a nice river view and was refurbished tastefully... however it was really hard to draw the curtains requiring balancing over couches etc... and then it let lots of light in as we
could' t get the overlap worked out.

The interior has lots of dark panelling... stylish but The lightswitches were black too making it very hard groping around to find them. Lots of luggage rack... wonderful.

Bathroom great, large well appointed, fab towels, got in the shower... no shampoo...lots of body wash. Checked by the basin... more body wash...floor wet by this time found my emergency shampoo and enjoyed the shower.

Bed kingside and very comfortable...pillows terrible, flat no support and darling grabbed the one spare... also flat. Foe about $500.00 a night I expect 2 pillows each 1 firm 1 softer and shampoo.

Went for breakfast arriving at 9.50 to be told breakfast was finished... really? It was the sign in the lift or the compendium which said10.30am. The staff member was emphatic and there was no hint of suggestion about why but it was finished.

Parking...expensive and with an event on at the weekend of Hot Rods we had to pay $20.00 for a 20 minute dash to the room... that was per entry not possible to come back in later...

The housekeeping staff did leave some shampoo in response to my request and I wish I remembered the pillow request. At 3 am I made do with a small couch pillow as I wasn't sure how keen I was to wake hubby with a late night pillow delivery!

When we mentioned the pillows at checkout thinking that perhaps the previous guest had

requested flat pillows the young lady told us that their pillows were very popular with guests... well We were guests and we didn't like them. We were then also told we had bar charges relating to drinks somewhere in the complex about 9.30pm somewhere... we were dining at Rockpool at 8 pm so said there must be a mistake. A Very doubtful look and we weretold she was too busy to"investigate" and would do so later.

We were at the start of a 6 week holiday and stayed at a variety of accommodations and never encountered such service anywhere. As a proud West Aussie I hope this hotel can get it right as the elements are there, nice location,views and structure... but have you forgotten that guests come and expect to feel special?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Thank you for your review on our hotel.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your bathroom and bed. As part of our renovated product we have conducted a complete re-fit of all the rooms in the hotel and have recieved some great feedback on the new product. Our pillows are quite popular with guests however I am disappointed to see that they werent suitable to your needs, we do have a variety of different pillow options available to our guests on request.

We at Crown Metropol Perth are commited to providing a quality customer service experience to all our guests. I apologise that we were unable to meet your expectations in a number of areas during your stay and please be assured that your comments will be shared with our team . Our breakfast is served till 1030am daily, so I apologise that you were not provided with your dining experience at 950am, rest assured I will be investigating this situation.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please contact us on (08) 9362 7684 should you be returning to our hotel so we can ensure you have a more positive experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was formerly the Intercontinental Burswood Hotel and Entertainment complex. It has undergone massive renovations in the last year and is now a much better place to visit and stay. Some renovations are still going on. The new pool area is fantastic with water slides and a number of different pools. The hotel is very classy and the rooms are now excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful and I believe the customer service has improved enormously. The new Rockpool restuarant and bar is terrific and the Merry Well bar and restaurant looks very good although we didn't have the time to try it out this time.
The buffet breakfasts are excellent too. certainly a great leap forward from 12 months ago.

Room Tip: A room on the "Club" floor is well worth the extra!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The Crown Metropol with the upgraded renovations have transformed the once tired accommodation to one Perth can be proud of.The rooms are spacious, very clean, modern, light, airy and have lovely views of the river and Perth scenery.The staff are very friendly helpfull and check in is very organized.

I decided to book into the hotel to celebrate 35 years with my lovely wife and watch the 2012 Aussie rules grand final.

When we arrived we were confused as to the location of parking until I worked out there was no dedicated parking for guest and you would have to pay an extra $20 a day for parking (so much for a $900 week end stay) we had to traipse over concrete kerbing and an escalator to finally get to our check in which was very good.

We went to the carbon club sportmans bar and redirected by a pushy South African security guard to eves night club to watch the game, I was little peeved as wanted to watch it there even though the crowd were a little younger.

I could get no seat to watch the game as it was packed with bogans and their fancy tattoo's, still the big screens were great and I had the opportunity to meet Clairsy from 94.5 mix the couch.

when we decided to get something to eat mid afternoon most of the restaurants were closed so ordered room service which takes 30 minutes to get to your room and the coffee is cold, however the triple decker sandwich was very nice and worth the wait.

When I decided to conect to the Wi.Fi internet there was a $29 charge plus $6 for decent speed.all up it cost $41 for 24 hours which is a disgrace considering the room charge.

Want to watch a movie...sure no problems at a rate of approx $17 per movie..outrageous

Need a drink of water after spending a fortune on overpriced drinks...yep another $4.50 per 250ML bottle of water and 1Lt is $8.20

I will be trying out Merrywells tonight and expect a great dining experience with family and friends.

So in conclusion it is a nice place to stay but does not create good value for money, I believe in accommodation with all extras inclusive, this way it sets a budget similar to the Holiday Inn type of stays.

Definitely will not be back unless their attitude to my wallet changes.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker like my wife get a smoking room or be hit with a $200 bill or be prepared to walk a mile to get a smoking location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our new renovated rooms. Thank you for the feedback on our team as well, I will ensure that your feedback is passed on.

I apologise for the confusion caused regarding your parking experience as well as the quality of your room service experience, although I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the triple decker sandwich, please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to our team. I appreciate your feedback on our WiFi, Movies and minibar and can assure you that our pricing is in line with other 5 star hotels in Perth. We do have a variety of accommodation packages that may be more suitable for your next visit to Crown Metropol, which can be purchased on our hotel website or via our Reservations team.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Metropol Perth in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Room was located above foyer and buffet restuarant, so there was alot of noise during the night and early morning with construction workers using crane lifts in foyer. Walls must be thin as I woke at 6am hearing the room next to us doing.... it... and then after they had finished the wake up alarm in the vacant room was going off so I had to ring reception to ask if someone could turn it off. So woke up super early being married and went downstairs to the breakfast, and yep if you cant be satisfied with this selection then nothing can. I would have thought the hotel would do something special for wedding night/honeymooners but we didnt get anything. It was expensive $500 a night, which included breakfast, thats it. I paid for a club spa room, nice view but probably not worth that.

Room Tip: try not to get a room overlooking the foyer area as very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brandyloons

Thank you for your feedback and a belated Congratulations on your wedding. I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed as a result of our ongoing renovations for which I apologise. I do hope that you were informed of the ongoing modernisation of our hotel.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at The Atrium and I will ensure your feedback is passed onto our team. Having booked a Club Spa room, I'm hoping you had an opportunity to avail of our pre-dinner drinks and canapes in our lounge.

Thank you for your feedback once again and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to Crown Metropol Perth in the future.