“Elaine's Bagels”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Elaine's Bagels
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Best bagels in the whole area. Very fresh. Many varieties. They run out of many types. They close early but they reduce prices before closing

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Acting on advice from friends I decided to head to Elaine's Bagels on a Sunday morning around 8am to bring some bagels home to the family along with some smoked salmon, which I was told was quiet good at this place.

Upon entering I immediately noticed a stone faced woman behind the counter. She had a bit of a foreign accent, which is neither her nor there. I ordered several bagels and asked about the smoked salmon and whether it came by the pound. The stone cold reply with a frown was that it came per portion, whatever that meant. I asked for four portions figuring that would be enough for four adult diners. She checked and then, in a stone faced manner, said: "We only have one portion left." No apology, no regrets. I asked her how they could possibly be out of salmon at this early hour on a Sunday morning? She just shrugged her shoulders.

We left the miserable woman and headed down the street to a grocery to pick up some smoked salmon.

The bagels from Elaine's were okay but nothing more. They were puffy and thicker than others which was not to my liking and they seemed to be a little stale. Not horribly but just a bit.

I had my three grand kids with me on this outing and they said: "Gee grandpa, she was really rude." They were right!

My advice is to find another bagel place on the east side of town. This one doesn't cut it. And why the rude woman behind the counter still has a job there is beyond me. Hello Elaine's owners! Wake up!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I get the breakfast bagel sandwich there at least once a week. Nice people and they do a real nice business.

Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

If you are tired of the fake frozen bagels from Tim Hortom and Dunkin, try Elaines. They make bagels the old fasioned way by boiling them and them baking them. They have lots of different flavors. They are all great.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

After my last experience here I decided I would not return. However, after beginning to work nearby I thought I'd try it again. The bagels are the same, stale, hard and basically tasteless as they were the last time. This used to be a great bagel place. Even the weekend bagels tasted fresh and the dough was tender. I don't know what happened other than I heard the place was sold. I wonder if the other locations are the same.