Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$107
TravelocityUS$73
Orbitz.comUS$73
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Good quality pizza and they are big so probably be ok to share 1 ; especially kids as quite pricey.
Nice steak and fairly priced and drinks reasonable .
Italian chef/ owner is very nice and makes lovely pizzas with great flavours.
We came here last year and it has improved but still no decent selection of wines which is a shame especially as such good food and run by an Italian .
5 star if it had a better starter list and wine list.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ted T
Reviewed 3 February 2017

My wife, son and I stopped by for pizza at Hotel Tatanka last night and had a great meal. The owners are extremely nice people who take good care of their patrons, and the pizza is delicious (made in a wood oven, cooked to perfection). Dinner was reasonably-priced as well - we had a pizza, drinks and a large salad for about $25. We don't go out very often but Tatanka is one place to which we frequently return!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Although the hotel address is listed in Santa Cruz, it is actually 300 m from Playa Junquillal. You can hear the surf at night at the howling monkeys in the evenings and early morning. This is one of Costa Rica's best kept secret. Not good if you are looking for the all inclusive do everything for me kind of place. Just a VERY cozy place to relax and get away from it all. The owners, Jovani and Marlena will gladly make you a breakfast included deal for extended stay. Feel like home kind of place. Although Junquillal offers a few good places to eat, don't hesitate to have a few meal at the nice restaurant... One of the best pizzas I ever had.

Room tip: Make reservations... it is often booked on week-ends. There is a bus that runs from Santa Cruz to Junquillal 4 times daily.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Stéphane L
Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

I will give a 9 to this small, clean and safe hotel.

When I go to Santa Cruz, this is the option, the restaurant is very good!, I like to be at Tatanka, since I can move to different beaches near by, there I found a place to keep safe my personal belongings and at the end of day go to the swimming pool and sleep comfortably all night for another day of fun at Santa Cruz area.

Date of stay: December 2014
3  Thank eaugalde
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I have tried to stay at t his hotel two times in the last 4 months and they have not been open either time. Both times I have found people on the property but it does not really look like any maintenance is happening. I think it might have been a nice place once upon a time.

Room tip: Call to be sure they are open.
Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie F