Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
Reserve now, pay at stay
CheapTicketsUS$73
Orbitz.comUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2017

My wife, son and I stopped by for pizza at Hotel Tatanka last night and had a great meal. The owners are extremely nice people who take good care of their patrons, and the pizza is delicious (made in a wood oven, cooked to perfection). Dinner was reasonably-priced as well - we had a pizza, drinks and a large salad for about $25. We don't go out very often but Tatanka is one place to which we frequently return!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Although the hotel address is listed in Santa Cruz, it is actually 300 m from Playa Junquillal. You can hear the surf at night at the howling monkeys in the evenings and early morning. This is one of Costa Rica's best kept secret. Not good if you are looking for the all inclusive do everything for me kind of place. Just a VERY cozy place to relax and get away from it all. The owners, Jovani and Marlena will gladly make you a breakfast included deal for extended stay. Feel like home kind of place. Although Junquillal offers a few good places to eat, don't hesitate to have a few meal at the nice restaurant... One of the best pizzas I ever had.

Room tip: Make reservations... it is often booked on week-ends. There is a bus that runs from Santa Cruz to Junquillal 4 times daily.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Stéphane L
Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

I will give a 9 to this small, clean and safe hotel.

When I go to Santa Cruz, this is the option, the restaurant is very good!, I like to be at Tatanka, since I can move to different beaches near by, there I found a place to keep safe my personal belongings and at the end of day go to the swimming pool and sleep comfortably all night for another day of fun at Santa Cruz area.

Date of stay: December 2014
3  Thank eaugalde
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I have tried to stay at t his hotel two times in the last 4 months and they have not been open either time. Both times I have found people on the property but it does not really look like any maintenance is happening. I think it might have been a nice place once upon a time.

Room tip: Call to be sure they are open.
Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie F
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at Hotel Tatanka one night and it was very enjoyable. We got there early and were allowed to check in. The room is very basic, but it was comfortable and had everything we needed. The grounds were nice and the pool was wonderful. Everyone was very helpful. There was a wedding reception going on in the restaurant the night we were there, but we were allowed to get a table and order a delicious pizza anyway. It was kind of fun watching the festivities, and the food was very good. The only complaint we had was that it was a little hard to sleep at night because the dogs kept barking on and off close outside our door. They were cute, nice dogs, though, so it was hard to be too upset. It was a short walk to the beach which was really nice. Beautiful sunset! A short drive to Playa Negra which was fun to visit too. Breakfast in the morning was very good. If we are ever in the area, we would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2013