Maldron Hotel Wexford
Slaney Manor(Barntown)
TripAdvisor
Glenhill B&B(Barntown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubcrazy golfleisure centrequality hotelfamily roomswimming poolgames roombar foodgreat facilitiesgirl on receptiongreat for kidsfamily breakfriday nightfood was lovelyboth nightsgreat weekendroom was spotless
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I have never left a review here prior to this nor have I ever complained to a hotel when a stay has not been satisfactory. However, I feel I must leave this review as I have never been so angry and upset at a hotel and its staff as I am now.
I travelled with a group of adults with intellectual disabilities to this hotel and stayed for two nights. From the moment we checked in (which took over an hour) to our check out, our stay was a constant disappointment. The receptionist was utterly confused at our booking and made numerous mistakes leaving all nine of us standing in the reception area for over an hour. He did not give us any information about the services or did not give us directions to our room which is usually the norm.
The breakfast staff were not one bit accommodating and 9 of us were sat at a table for 6 on the second morning. It took 3 requests and a half an hour later before we got another table. At this point the breakfast was freezing. The first morning a waitress assisted us with tea and toast. However on the second morning, I heard a waitress tell her colleague not to help us and that we could sort ourselves out! There was no organisation and the majority of staff seemed to be generally uninterested .

The bar staff were extremely slow even when it was very quiet. They handed out dirty glasses and again seemed as if they didn't want to be there. When we made the booking, I asked would there be music both nights (as this would be very important to the individuals I travelled with) I was assured there would be. However on the first night there was no music and I was informed there had been a mix up on booking a band.

Restaurant (evening) staff were friendlier than the waitresses we met at breakfast but unfortunately we're not stall accommodating. They refused to give two of our service users a cone as a dessert and said it was only for kids which upset these two individuals. Overall, the food was not satisfactory and appeared that it had been cooked hours before and left to sit in the kitchen.

The attitude of the staff in the leisure centre was nothing short of appalling, and was probably the worst part of our trip. Five of our individuals with disabilities went swimming and were treated as though they would contaminate the changing rooms and no other hotel residents were allowed enter while they were changing!!! We had asked beforehand were there disability changing rooms and were told there was bathrooms. None were apparent upon arrival. Staff were extremely ignorant and could badly do with educating themselves about social inclusion and the effects of discriminatory behaviours.

Furthermore, we observed a number of windows missing at d side of the hotel and were covered up wit black bin liner bags. Also we saw two bags of rotten food thrown outside the side door.

To top of this horrendous experience, upon check out I was asked by receptionist had we enjoyed our stay. I told her that actually we had not and her response was "oh OK that's no bother".

Disgusted that in 2017 anyone, but in particular, individuals with an intellectual disability would be treated so poorly. We will not be returning and will be making all necessary reports /reviews.
Management and staff should be ashamed of themselves.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
18  Thank Sarsc2017
csharkey, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your recent stay with us.
I am shocked and disappointed to read your comments and to hear of the service that you received from start to finish.
Please contact me directly on sales.wexford@maldronhotels.com to allow us the opportunity to rectify the matter.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

A tidy hotel with spacious rooms, decent food and lots to do for the kids. If you like quintessential Dubliners, rebel singalongs until 2am and Dublin football supporters bellowing their support for the boys in blue in the corridore at 4am then this is the hotel for you

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Wexford.

We do hope that the actions of other guests didn't disturb your stay and that you would consider coming back to stay with us again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights midweek. When we queried about the cot we had requested for our 2 year old we where told there was none left. Needless to say neither of us slept very well that night. Not good enough. Plus the beds aren't very comfortable. Our room was lovely and big though we got a room with a balcony too. Which was quite nice.
The service in the bar was really bad. Staff where running around. You had to be quick to catch them running by. If they remembered what was ordered you might get what you asked for.
I brought my little boy out to the play area which is lovely. There is a crazy golf beside it. I had to remove a broken pint glass from the bark area here.
The pool is lovely clean and warm. Staff didn't come across friendly at all.
Breakfast in the morning they ran out of certain foods and never replaced them.
There was no organisation amongst staff. I wouldn't go back again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience during your stay at Maldron Hotel Wexford.
Please accept our sincerest apologies that there wasnt a cot in the room for you when you had asked for one, you are right this isnt good enough.
Thank you for your comments on the service that you received in the bar/restaurant during your stay, the hotel team are very disappointed to hear this.

We do hope that you would reconsider staying with us again in the future and allowing us the opportunity to prove that this isnt the normal standard of service that we strive to offer our valued customers.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel,hige clean rooms.great gym and swimming pool,but plenty of kids,watch for that.restaurant top notch,and foor was great,great service and very eccomical.we would stay again,and again,and again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jogrounited
csharkey, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. The hotel team are delighted to hear your feedback and that you found the service to be great and the restaurant top notch.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again to Maldron Hotel Wexford.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

For me, there were two downsides to this hotel. 1. The mattresses were uncomfortable to sleep on (very hard) and 2. The hotel is located immediately beside a busy roundabout so traffic outside was constant. On a three night break, these are easily overcome by 1. Sleeping on top of the duvet, using an extra blanket for cover and 2. Sleeping with the window shut. If you are looking for a quiet retreat located in pretty grounds with fabulous views, this is definitely not for you.
All that said, I would go back to this hotel. The room was clean and spacious (family room for three). Good shower.
It is a nice spot for kids - climbing frames, slides etc, crazy golf course, and basket ball (kids size) all outside and in great condition. The pool facilities inside are also well cared for and clean - added bonus of the pool being warm, thanks. Kids disco in the evening was a hit, as was the kids club offered in the morning.
The hotel is very quite - I didn't hear any noise during the night - no doors banging, no children running in corridors etc.
The hotel is a great base to explore the nearby area. Our package included a tickets to one of a choice of local attractions. We opted for the National Heritage Centre - great day out and only minutes from the hotel!
Breakfast was buffet style - the quality of the hot food (sausages especially) is awful. I guess a hotel can't offer high quality while also offering unlimited quantity. This hotel has opted for offering quantity. Nonetheless, we didn't leave the breakfast room hungry- we got cereal, toast and coffee. (some fresh fruit, mostly chopped apples and watermelon) was also available. We got enough to do us - but more like breakfast at home, rather than a nice treat in a hotel.
Dinner on one night was included in our package - food was okay but nowhere near the quality we got when we ate elsewhere in the town. The service was very slow - but this was due to the same staff having to service the practically empty restaurant and the very busy bar area (the restaurant visitors lost out on that ratio!).

Room Tip: Not sure if there are rooms that don't face the road, but worth asking !
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EandSNorthernIreland

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and package that we had on offer.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again very soon.