All reviews beautiful hotel other hotels off the highway ikea store staff was friendly yogurt one night front desk fairfield tv lobby fridge
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We had booked 3 Rooms at this hotel on points. Our original check in Date was August 10th Checking out August 12Th. Due to some family emergency we called the hotel on the 8th of August and asked them to please change our check in date to August 11th and Check out Date to August 12th. Which we were assure that it is Done. And we were advised that check in time is at 3:00 PM. However, if we arrived early and they have any rooms they will check us in. We got to the hotel around 6AM on the 11th spoke to a gentleman name Aman. He advised us that our date was never changed and they had checked us in before running the closing reports and there is nothing he can do at that time because his management have not given him an option to fix anything like this. That his manager Mr. Hamza will be coming in at 9:00 Am and it will be taken care of. We were there for a engagement so we had left the hotel around 8am. I have not reveived any calls at all. When we got to the hotel around 6 pm we asked the front desk if it was taken care of and we were advised no. But this time a GM will call us and we were assured they will make it right and refund the 30,000 points back. I had left the hotel to catch my flight and my family is still there. Then my cousin called and stated that they been treated very rudely and did not receive any service after they had called the front desk. And our 2nd room had a Do not disturb where my elderly grandparents were asleep someone kept knocking on the door and running. They called the front desk and didn’t get any answer. We were going to book rooms at this hotel
For next month 25 of them as we will be there for wedding. But after seeing the lack of ownership and management to fix the simplest thing and then retaliated because we kept complaining and asking them to fix something that they had assured us it was taken care of. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you want to be treated as a person I suggest go down to Hampton in. But if you don’t care how you are treated or appreciated then this is the right place for you. All of my family had 9 rooms here total. Spent over $2000 for us to be treated like dirt. I will never stay at this property ever again. Oh one more thing one of the employee stated this was a franchise hotel. That of this was a Marriott corporate hotel things would of been taken care by him as he would of been empowered to do just that. Make it right.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SinghJesse
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We picked this hotel to stay in since it was a reasonably priced, newer hotel that was relatively close to various shopping malls and the Ford Museum. We were not sure what to expect as it was in an area that we were not too familiar with. We were pleasantly surprised to find some nice restaurants and stores close to this hotel. Our check-in was great and we were upgraded to a larger room at no extra charge. The larger room had two TVs which allowed us to both watch what we wanted. The room was large and clean and beds were comfortable. My only complaint was a light was on near the refrigerator that I couldn't figure out how to shut off at night. The plug was behind the mini fridge and the light was therefore difficult to unplug. The gym is rather small and would not be suitable for more than 3 people - fortunately that was not issue during our stay as the gym was never busy. The breakfast was great with plenty of excellent food choices. Staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to make this an excellent stay. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I only stayed one night to visit the nearby area, and overall Fairfield Inn at Canton location is good hotel at its price and value. Rate was the best in town including Canton, Novi, Livonia, and Romulus area. Hotel location is centrally located right next to IKEA and other chain restaurants. Room and amenities are moderately new/updated. This hotel has all the essentials you need for your trip - indoor pool, spacious lobby, free breakfast and wifi, etc. Bed was comfortable, and quality of bedding was better than my expectation as well.

The only complaint is very thin wall and floor though. For some reason, I had to hear some noise from the guests next door. I’m not sure if it was by accident or purposely doing it, but heard them hitting the wall spontaneously between 9-11pm.
I could also hear loud walking upstairs and hallway. I felt my privacy was not secured enough while staying in a room.

Pros: value price, moderately updated, clean lobby and amenities, friendly staffs, good location near retail shops and chain restaurants.
Cons: thin wall and floor, a bit of noise from outside (highway side), cheap materials used in a room, ‘do not disturb’ sign was missing, AC/heater is a little dated and loud.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here when visiting one night for a sporting event at the Big House in Ann Arbor. The hotel was a typical Fairfield. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms are of average size and clean. The air conditioner works well/temperature control works well. The breakfast was a typical breakfast. Not bad but not great. When we arrived there was nothing left and it wasn't overcrowded at the time, however the hotel was sold out. When we asked the woman that was working in the breakfast area if it was over (even though we knew there were 45 minutes left) she explained that she was basically working by herself and that more was in the oven and coming out shortly. We are not impatient at all. It did come out shortly however plenty of guests had to ask for other things that ran out including napkins and utensils. It seemed like a lot for one employee to handle. Perhaps on weekends or other times when the hotel is sold out management should have two people helping each other out. Location wise, this hotel is very convenient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I have waited 20 days before writing this review; I tried to give the hotel management a fair chance to show empathy, concern for their mistakes, and resolve my situation before posting reviews. Obviously, none of that has happened so take my advice and DON’T STAY HERE! Also, I wish that I read YELP reviews prior to stay, there is a pattern, 50% of reviews complain about same issue: don't expect any help from front desk, and Hamza is incompetent manager which is evident in how poorly trained his front desk staff is and evident in how little he and his team care to resolve complaints. I am a Marriott Silver Elite member and entitled to a comparable room and compensation when Marriott gives my reserved room to someone else. Upon arriving on July7th to check-in. The host gave me a key to a room occupied by a female guest, which was extremely embarrassing, uncomfortable and unsafe for me to walk into her room unexpectedly. I went back to host, who made me wait to check if I was telling the truth about the room being occupied. After 10 minutes in the lobby, he confirmed it was occupied, 5 minutes later told me no rooms free for me. Then the host proceeded to tell me it was a mistake, what did I expect him to do? Certainly I did not expect to be insulted, told I’m impatient, have him call hotel shuttle that never came for me, and force me to miss dinner and walk to nearby hotel after waiting in lobby for hour for some type of help from him or management. Now, it’s July 27th and I had to setup another case Monday to get the GM to finally call me back about my issue from July 7th. He disputed what Marriott call center said I was entitled to as Silver Elite member, and actually thinks I will stay at this hotel again. Be warned, they don’t care about people at this hotel, I had 2 night reservation cancelled at check-in, forced to change flight home due to only being able to book 1 night at Hampton Inn. Today the GM argued whether the hotel "walked" me to Hampton INN even though I had July2nd email reservation confirmation, walked into room occupied by another guest, and waited for shuttle that host was supposed to get for me, and finally walking 1/2 mile to Hampton to check-in around 9:30pm...after arriving at 7:45pm to be booted from this terrible hotel. Basically, Hamza, the GM is saying he doesn't believe I'm entitled to reimbursement for night at Hampton Inn, and offers no apology for issues. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here because they are not concerned with resovling issues...btw, the Hampton Inn Canton is super nice, and gave me free upgrade to suite on July7th for my troubles from Marriott! Now that is customer service!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business