La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$105
Econo Lodge(Canton)(Great Value!)
US$65
EconoLodge
US$255
US$82
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$73
US$67
HIExpress.com
Hampton.com
All reviewsoff the highwayother hotelsikea storestaff was friendlyone nightfront deskfairfieldfridgetv
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Great customer service. I had to call to add my husband to the reservation because he would be arriving first. Spoke with a young lady on the telephone and she was very helpful and took care of this in a few moments. Check in was simple. The room was very quiet and I got a great nights' sleep. Took me about 15 minutes to travel from DTW airport at about 11pm. Late check in was no problem. I would absolutely stay here again. This was reasonably priced for this area.

Room Tip: I was next to the elevator and it was quiet, so I have to assume all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank debntodd
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I stay a lot with Marriott properties monthly. This by far was the rudest group of people I have dealt with this stay. I have stayed here before without issues. From what I was told by the General Manager he recently has taken over. Well sir you were working side by side with GiGi who is extremely rude and treats you like a child. We had some issues where they said I was not able to use my daughters Marriott discount but mind you I just recently used it at other Marriotts and at this same location on March 17 2018. I contacted my daughter who called and GiGi was extremely rude to her. My daughter called her manager who even tried to call and was also taken back by the rudeness from that locations employees. I was told by the GM that he appreciated the way I spoke to them and I was the nicest person they have talked to. Not sure why I was not granted the same. I think you all need some customer training on how to handle nice people. I would hate to see how they would of treated me if I was rude. I would of walked out but we had to stay the night do to previously planned outing. Plus after trying to get things worked out with GiGi she said well your reservation was canceled . I said well how do I have a confirmation number then. Her response well it was. Maybe she should get out of hospitality .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank islandgirlMichigan
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Let me preface this by saying that my family is allergic to scent and feathers and we always put in a request for these at any hotel we stay at and call the special Marriott Line provided and they should communicate these needs to the hotel.

When I arrived the hotel from the outside looks new (built in 2016) and was right off the highway and the street. When you enter the hotel, there is music playing outside and in the lobby and there is a air freshener that is spraying some horrible cologne smell. I checked in and the room that was put aside for me (Feather Free) had a problem with the door and they needed to reassign me. I explained that it had to be feather and scent free. I asked to see the room first as if it had a scent (chemical or air freshner) I could not stay there. After seeing a couple of rooms (the majority had some sort of scent) I was told by the front desk manager that it would be better if I left as they could not accommodate me. I was appaulled. I am a Gold Member at Marriott Rewards and a person who suffers from asthma and allergies (covered by the ADA), but because you cannot see these diseases think that you are doing this for fun. It is not fun for anyone trying to find a room that does not have any scent to it. The Front desk Manager said that he had not been notified by Marriott. Once I mentioned the ADA he was more that happy to try to accommodate me. After 90 minutes I finally landed in a room. While we were discussing the asthma and allergy issues,

I do have to say that a person came into the hotel who was hard of hearing and they handled that amazingly well and showed much compassion for him.

Clarification for City View rooms.....oneside looks right into the hotel rooms....you can actually see what they are doing and the other side faces the street. There is no other view. Rooms are very small compare to other Marriotts. If you are a Gold Member, do not expect an upgrade.

I went down the next morning for breakfast and arrive at 9am (that is what time is closes on the weekdays) and asked the Kitchen Attendant for a banana and was on my way. I made sure to ask the person at the front desk to notify housekeeping that nothing was required in my room as I did not want them to spray any chemicals or freshener.

I left for the day and returned about 10:30pm. The air freshener was still spraying the lobby and it is overpowering.

Breakfast the next morning was until 9:30am. We arrived downstairs about 920am and there was no hot food available. The cereal, yogurt and milk was still available however the waffle, eggs and sausages had not been refilled. I noticed the front desk person "Harpreet" in the food area as we were looking around and she took the remaining egg omelet and sausage that was there, even though there were paying guests looking for food.

I asked her if the food would be filled again and she said that it was 935 and breakfast was over. I asked her if the attendant was around and she said that she had left. About 5 minutes later the food attendant came out from the back and Harpreet pointed at me and said "there, that is her" - The kitchen attendant told me that she had been cooking since 6am.....like she was so upset that I was expecting breakfast to be available until the time that was posted, I double checked with Marriott and a full breakfast and food should be available until the posted time.

I asked for a banana again and she gave me two. When we checked out I asked for an invoice and was asked "why" you stayed on points.....I never had to explain why I needed it.

Overall, it was not a good stay. I did not like the air freshener in the lobby and the customer service was below average. I expected more from Marriott. I should have taken the advice and stay somewhere else. I am glad I stay on points and did not pay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aquick18
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed over a long weekend to do a few different things- buy some long planned for furniture at IKEA and visit the Henry Ford Museum. Location wise, this hotel is perfect. IKEA is literally right across the road. We were there first thing in the morning and beat all the weekend crowds! The drive to the museum was a bit further but we were glad we stayed in the Canton area. There are numerous restaurants nearby and additional shopping, if that is what you are looking for.

The hotel itself was lovely. Very recently updated and clean. We requested the top floor and it was very quiet throughout our stay. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast looked pretty decent though we didn't eat there.

All in all, I would definitely stay again and if you are making a trip to Canton for IKEA it cannot be beat!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
basil y, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Canton.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Canton and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Canton.

Hamza Armoush
Fairfeild Inn Suites
Hamza.Armoush@Gmail.Com
734-844-0077 Ext 502

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Room was high floor overlooking other hotels and Ikea store.
Layout was great for a suite with a nice pullout bed in a semi-seperate room with its own tv Let the parents watch tv while the kids were off to sleep.
Neatest clock i have seen with time visible on both sides.
Pool was adequate. Hotel was nice and new inside. Had a mural about the Fairfield name that I had never seen before.
Pretty nice breakfast area that remained well stocked until it closed for the day.

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family