All reviews enjoyed my stay room was clean airport jacob odor property ikea carpet detroit
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Where do I start I arrived at 1 am on a Friday night and had to leave at 6 am it took me 40 minutes to get in my room, my card was charged multiple times, when called the manager the manager accused me of commiting fraud.... The manager is very unproffesional by far the most disrespectful Individual I have ever seen at a customer service job. Joel his associate needs training as he can't figure out how to switch you from room to room. Not only did they fail to transfer me rooms but I have a few charges on my account I am disputing thru my bank I attached a picture of the charges as the GM excuse on every negative review that he has no record of staying...

Date of stay: January 2018
3  Thank Ledio P
DTWYC, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Ledio Konomi,

Its unfortunate that you use this platform to post a FAKE review to cover your inappropriate behavior, Its our duties to question the eligibility of any guest that uses the employee discount rate and report those who committed fraud to obtain this privilege, one that kept as a benefit to our hard working associates.

Its also our duties to inform you that your inappropriate conduct and behavior that led to your eviction was reported to the appropriate division and that their use of this discount privileged rate was suspended in definite as a result of your conduct.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We stayed here while having floors refinished in our house. We were booked for 4 nights, but left after 2. This hotel took $700 from us by charging the card used at check in and claimed our kids broke a tv in one of the bedrooms. My children went to bed shortly after we checked in. They went to school the next day and to their school Christmas concert that night. We went to the pool after we got up and ate our breakfast the next morning. It was after that time that we finally attempted to turn on the bedroom television and couldn't because the remote only had one battery, when it needed two. Our request for a battery and inviting them into our room...at which point we all saw the image wasn't what it should be...led to them concluding the image on the television was damaged because of us. We were told we would need to leave the room for our safety because of the broken glass. We worked with all sorts of customer support through Marriott to no avail. The owner operator, manager, franchisee maintains his baseless claim that we broke the tv. "You have children." "Accidents happen." "We are charging you $700." We were blatantly discriminated against because we were there with children.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MuskegonNative
DTWYC, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear MuskegonNative,
While We are unable to comment on your BASELESS claim of your money being stolen, We apologize for not being able to arrange a monthly payment plan as you suggested for the TV that you've damaged in your room on the third day of your Stay. One thing we will never apologize for, is putting our guest's safety and security as top priority and above everything else. Allowing children to occupy a room while their safety could be in question is unimaginable even when unfortunately the parents think its acceptable.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights while in town for Michigan's homecoming weekend.
Our room was on the 2nd floor by the main entrance. They have speakers playing music outside of the main entrance which they let play the entire night which kept me up. I didn't realize until the next day where the music was coming from at which point I asked the front desk to turn the music off by 10pm which they accommodated. Was also disappointed that breakfast was provided until 7am on Sunday which did us no good.
Hotel is on the newer side and it is a lower cost option on game weekends that is within a reasonable drive

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank REX W
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here for work and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and the decor is nice. This is a newly built property. The location is convenient with many shops and restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank hobiecatsailor
DTWYC, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Hobiecatsailor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us regarding your recent visit at the NEW TownePlace Suites By Marriott, Detroit Canton.

Our Strategic location in the middle of all the city have to offer, with close proximity to all kind of attractions, is by far the best location in town. We look forward to welcoming you back to our NEW hotel whenever your travel brings you to the Canton Area.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. Was upgraded to a two bedroom suite as a Platinum Elite member. Walked in the room and something did not smell right-literally. Smelled like cats (litter box). I’m allergic to cats.

After seeing fur on the a/c unit by the window and car hair on the furniture in front the room, i requested a new room.

Trevin, from the Fairfield next door, cheerfully checked me in, and Jacob at the front desk, graciously found me another room. He was trying to get the manager to come out of his office to help me, but he never did. So the other customers had to wait while he juggled us around. These two employees were great.

The new room had fingernail clippings on the carpet-not good.

The non-feather, synthetic pillows here are huge. All four were so firm that your neck is at a 30 degree angle when you use one to sleep on. My shoulders are very stiff today. Most hotels have two firm and two soft pillows...

The stairwells were not very clean (needed a vacuum).

Gym is nice. Lots of restaurant nearby.

Bring your pillow from home-lol.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Jim B
DTWYC, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Jpburm,

Thank you for posting your opinion regarding your recent stay at the NEW Towneplace Suites By Marriott, Detroit Canton.
We are glade that our front desk staff was able to upgrade you to our Executive suite at no extra charge. The location of this beautiful suite happen to be facing a large grassy area, our professional landscaping and lawn care company use fertilizer to keep this area lush green, its common that if you open one of the large bay windows in this suite that you might smell the fertilizer.
Our ideal location in the heart of canton with close proximity with all the city have to offer makes the NEW Towneplace Suites Canton, the best choice of lodging in the city of canton. bring your own soft pillow and come back to visit us again soon!