Boyne City Motel(Boyne City)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$111
Hotwire.com
US$180
US$151
HIExpress.com
Odawa Hotel(Petoskey)
US$150
@ Michigan Inn & Lodge(Petoskey)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey(Petoskey)(Great Value!)
US$210
Hampton.com
The Apple Tree Inn(Petoskey)(Great Value!)
US$132
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$127
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboyne mountainthe main lodgewater parkavalanche bayski lifttrophy roomgolf outinggreat place for familieschair liftbedroom suiteentire familygrand lodgezip lininglawn gamesgreat familyindoor waterparkahead of time
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This resort is in a lovely setting. We arrived (having been told an early check in was probably going to be fine) at the regular check in time of 5pm. We were told it would be "just a while" and we waited in the restaurant/bar next to the check in desk. We were three families with younger children. Our total wait time became 2 hours. We continued to talk to the front desk and were finally told the hold up was the laundry and lack of sheets to put on the beds! This seemed very strange since it was early evening by now. Finally in our room at 7:15pm! We found the same theme throughout our entire stay .....no bath towels; no towels for the pools and it seemed that the entire place was short on personnel.

The food at each restaurant was mediocre. Our time at the pools, golf courses, and zip lines were all enjoyable. By the final day we noted that the pools and hot tubs had become quite dirty and had not been cleaned. This was concerning.

The final day we left the resort and went into Boyne City. Here is where we should have spent our money on food! The Red Mesa Grill was amazing not only in service but the food was delicious! We had dinner at Stiggs which was also delightful. The shops were wonderful and the people in the city were welcoming and helpful.

I realize that Boyne Mountain is mainly for winter sports....but if you are open and advertising for summers you should probably staff appropriately, take care of the laundry so it's not a problem an entire stay, clean the pools, and get better chefs in the kitchens.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LatteGirl947
Kari R, Director of Marketing at Boyne Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Boyne Mountain Resort for your trip. We’re very sorry that your stay with us was not a positive one. We, as a resort, strive to provide an environment that is fun-filled, relaxing, and memorable with well-trained and hospitable staff. It’s very important to us that our staff is knowledgeable, competent, and welcoming, so we offer you our sincerest apologies. Staffing is one of our biggest obstacles as a resort in this area, so we are continually working to find new solutions to combat this being that we don't have a large population base to draw from. Neighboring Boyne City is working to build more affordable housing options and we have made strides in offering more employee housing to try to remedy the issue. We appreciate your understanding as we work to improve, and hope that your next stay with us is a better one.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We have been there several times before. Great lodging accommodations, water park always fun, water park front desk staff was nice. I don't however agree with their rule for the water park check in times. For the cost of the facility you should be able get in the park as soon as you check in. We were told we had to wait 1 hour before they would let us in, I can see if your just going for the park, but we paid a lot of money to stay there, and I think it's a bit ridiculous to have us wait for an hour. I could see if it was 4 or 5 hours maybe, but overall a great spot

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The owners have made a big effort to have varied things to do, so that every member of the family can have fun. In the winter you can ski, board, snowshoe, skate, zip line, waterpark, etc. In the summer, golf, tennis beach, swim, horseback, etc. No reason everyone can't have a good time.

We've been going for many years with my family - as my kids were young and as they grew into teenagers. We've always had a good experience. The staff works really hard at making everyone happy.

Without question the best skiing in Michigan.

Room Tip: Best skiing in Michigan
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I love being "Up North" and Boyne Mountain is one of the places that just feels like it! In addition to a great room, which is well laid out and had anything I could need. (Including a jacuzzi tub, which I didn't use, so no report on that.) The staff I encountered were great, both with the resort and the four different events connected to the wedding. Seemed to be long lines to check in at several points of the day, but I personally didn't experience that. All the food I ate on the premises was excellent!
One thing I HATED, was the alarm clock. It went off, even though I didn't set it! Similarly the coffee pot did too, one morning. Maybe they are haunted? :-)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had a great time at Boyne Mountain with extended family. The private beach access was great with kayak rentals and games included as part of the resort fee. Lodging was so so and I didn't love the restaurants on site. Service was above average.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family