“Water Street Cafe!! It is not closed! They are open Thursday -Saturdays”
Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Boyne City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We had absolutely delicious food here! We had chicken divan homemade soup that was amazing! I had the Sicilian sub and my husband had the BLT turkey sub. The bread sub bun was delicious. The sandwiches were beautifully prepared with delicious flavors which melded together in such a flavorful way. The coleslaw side was delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant in Boyne City, MI. The owners are delightful people. They want to retire but the community won’t let them! We had a wonderful lunch experience at their lovely restaurant!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our party of 4 spent a wonderful day on the shore of Lake Charlevoix & on our way back to Boyne we stopped at the Water Street Café for dinner. What a nice surprise. We all ordered something different & wound up tasting off each other’s plates like a bunch of kids because everything was so good. I read all the interesting décor on the walls. Our waitress was attentive & knowledgeable. I understand this is a family owned & operated business. We stopped here just because it was in the right spot when we were hungry, but next time it will be because we have put this place near the top of our list.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed a week in town and had fake out twice. The hash browns are amazing, delicious, fabulous. French toast and pancakes are very good. Egg croissant just so so. Wanted the southwest wrap but oddly it was sold out both days, before 9:30am. They were also out of hot chocolate. Strande. Still good experience, get those hash browns!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our group of 8 arrived on a busy Saturday morning. There were a few empty tables that needed to be cleaned so we waited patiently. One of the waitresses came over & wasn't very pleased that we were a group of 8 so I offered to have us split into two tables, pointing at two tables that would work. We went to stand near them & watched another person come out & clean the tables that were empty but not ours. I had to go over & ask her to clean ours so we could sit down. She seemed very confused about doing our table first...While we waited for our order to be taken we watched other people get seated, get their drinks & have their orders taken. It was as if we were invisible. We eventually had to ask for our order to be taken, then informed that they were out of one of the items (would be nice to know this when the menus were dropped off). As we watched a lot of tables get their food we finally asked where ours was...The waitress said she would be back but never was. We waited well over 45 minutes & by now the restaurant had pretty much cleared out. When our food did come out we didn't have any silverware or napkins. The same girl who cleaned the table came & told us the silverware was in the dishwasher & that was the problem. So I went to speak to the manager (Val). I calmly explained that this was possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced - the wait, others being served ahead of us, no refills, no communication, etc & he asked how many people were in our party. When I told him 8 he said that was the reason & that they were busy. Never offered a real apology or offered to take anything off the bill. So basically if you are a party of 8 & would like to eat in a timely manner this isn't the place for you. Was the food worth the wait? Not really, good but not that good.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Weekend only specials sold out by 9:30. Waitress walked away to take other orders. Had a taste for special corned beef but others served it after we were told not available. No refills, no apologies, not going back.