“Always a Pleasure and a Great place for a special dinner”
Review of Bella Vita

Bella Vita
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Boyne City
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our goal at Bella Vita is to provide guests with a true dining experience. From exceptional service and delicious food, to a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where you can socialize with family and friends, and meet new ones.Please come join us!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Always a pleasure and always treated great. A wonderful place to enjoy a peaceful special dinner with spouse or friends.

A great place to take clients from out of town for a wonderful evening.

Prices are according to the service and quality you receive.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

For a restaurant to give a great dining experience it has to accomplished a few things. It should have a good atmosphere, personality, and ambiance. Obviously the food has to impress. Service needs to be more than bringing your food to the table. Your wait staff can make or break the experience. This is one restaurant that gets it all right. You will walk away wanting to return. You will savor the food and enjoy the wait staff. You will feel like friends when you leave. I always love the walleye, but everything is well prepared. I will be surprised if you lea e less than satisfied.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

service was great and the food was really good ...
prices were higher end but worth it
we went casual
great parking

Reviewed 12 October 2017

A little off the beaten path but worth the drive. Up North fine dinning (that means you can dress up or not for dinner) Great menu for pasta, steak, and locals favorite, walleye.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Bella Vita is noted for good food and for good reason. We had eaten there before and were quite pleased. Our experience on this return was very disappointing.

AI have very often ordered a Rob Roy as a pre-dinner cocktail as I did that evening. It arrived with a color much lighter than I expected as a Rob Roy is two measures of scotch to one measure of sweet vermouth. My drink was quite light and I asked for it to be sweetened. It was not to the extent that I expected. I asked to see the bartender and she said that if I expected a sweeter drink I should not have ordered a Rob Roy. (I have been drinking Rob Roys for 40 years.

My wife asked that the sauce be changed on her entree and was told that the entrees were pre-prepared and no change could be made.

After my discussion with the bartender which was abrupt but not impolite, the server chastised me for not being "gracious". He said that again as we were leaving.

There were two couples and we asked for separate checks. We were told that it was too difficult to do that but that they would spit the total in half. That resulted in an imbalance.

In summary, this is a restaurant with good, if pre-prepared (GFS?) food with staff who apparently have no training in customer service.

If you are expecting a relaxing evening, choose some other restaurant.