“Solid traditional steak house”

Big Rock Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Rock Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple
Description: Formerly Norman's Eton Street Station, Big Rock Chop House combines the rustic, casual feel of a mountain lodge with the high-energy of a contemporary club, an eclectic mix unlike any other Metro Detroit dining experience, The menu bursts with enormous, hand-cut, aged steaks & chops, including a 24oz Porterhouse, a 16oz Kansas City Strip Steak, a 20oz or 32oz Jumbo Bone-In Rib Eye, a 12oz Filet Mignon, Center Cut Pork Chops, double cut Lamb Chops & a 16oz Veal Porterhouse Chop. Other selections include Rocky Mountain Chicken, Canadian Whitefish & Dover Sole presented tableside. Adjoining the restaurant is a brew house, with custom, state-of-the-art equipment. Award-winning brew master Dan Rogers has created 4 signature beers to compliment the restaurant's distinctive American fare: Norm's Raggedy Ass Ale, Raymondo El Rojo, Flying Buffalo Stout & Weizenheimer Hefe Weizen. In addition to these, Rogers adds a seasonal & specialty brew to the bar, which he changes frequently.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Enjoyed dinner and drinks here with a client. Good selection of spirits. Solid wine list. Steaks were all fine. Non-meat-eaters had good options including the excellent scallops. Enjoyed the raw oysters, too. Not inexpensive, but comparable to other restaurants like this. Would return.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I know the Big Rock has been there a long time but......We started with soup. The seafood chowder had a consistent flavor of rosemary? I had a hard time tasting the seafood. I had the duck, it was a little rubbery. Maybe if it had been sliced thinner? My husband had the braised short rib, it was a little dry. The bread at the beginning of the meal was great! As I was walking out, I saw they have an award winning pastry chef. I wish the server would have said something, I might have thought twice about ordering dessert. Overall just ok. With the competition out there and Big Rock prices, I expected something a little above and beyond. I think the decor needs updating too. Check out the totem pole...

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Our most favorite place for week night dinners, special occasions and giving parties. The valet, hostess, servers, and chef are all fantastic!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Every fish or seafood item I have ever ordered here has been outstanding. On our past visit I enjoyed their Ahi Tuna and my wife had a very good NY Strip. The food and service have been very good here every time we have had the opportunity to dine at Big Rock. I love the interior decor and lighting and in the summer the outdoor dining area is very enjoyable.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

A colleague and I ate here for Birmingham Restaurant Week. We started with superb mushroom bisque with big slices of mushrooms in a creamy base. The main course was short ribs on a bed of mashed potatoes with green beans, which was perfect in every way. Then creme brûlée with bananas for dessert, which was a bit weird (I'm a purist when it comes to my creme brûlée) but I will give them points for creativity. Service was excellent. It was one of the best lunches I have had in a long time. These guys know how to cook! Go there soon!