“2 star in Birch Run.”

Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Michigan
“2 star in Birch Run.”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

As I start all reviews, please take a look and see how many hotels I've reviewed, I'm not a jaded one time traveler. I travel often and feel I have a good base to write a good overall review. I won this hotel on hotwire and can say that it was a disappointment when you think you're getting a 3 star hotel and you get a 2. but I can't fault the hotel for hotwires poor rating system.
This hotel is very central if you plan on taking in the outlet mall or Frankenmuth. If you have business in Saginaw it is a bit of a drive.
The hotel appears to have been built in the late 90's or early 2000's. The interior now has a tired look and is in need of a renovation. The design of the building is almost funny as to where the elevators are located. Very poorly marked.
All the furniture, carpet and walls are in fair condition. The room was clean as were all public areas. My door did not feel very secure and the for some reason the bathroom door needs to always remain closed due to where they installed the heat lamp?
The room has a fridge and micro as well as a flat screen. Which is very nice to have.
Parking was not an issue but the lighting out there was not the best.
The workout room was lacking to say the least. This is an area of disappointment. It was small and equipment was not in good condition.
The morning breakfast is good, I think this is one area Holiday Inn Express hits the nail on the head. Lots of very good food but as with most "free buffet" style please go crazy and act as if they are starving.
The staff were very warm and friendly. In the end would I stay here again? No. There are many other hotels that are higher quality for the same price. Thinking I was getting a 3 star and getting this, I was disappointed but this is a solid 2 star perhaps a 2.5 if you're looking to take advantage of the pool / spa area. Happy travels Cheers!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Matthieu25
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I believe that your stay was a disappointment to you, but unfortunately I didn't know in what aspect we didn't meet your expectations. If it was regarding the architecture of the building, I would like to mention that we had an complete renovation just a couple of years ago. if you were disappointed because your door was not secure, I would like to know if you were able to use the door lock and the latch or not, because I personally inspect rooms on a regular basis and that's the first 2 items the housekeeping manager and I check when we enter the guest rooms for inspection.

Finally, I would like to I have a chance to discuss with you in a concise way what went wrong with your stay with us, so we can improve and avoid having dissatisfied guests in the future, with that being said, feel free to contact me at (989)624-9300.

Andy Benameur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tecumseh, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Our four couple family get together could not have been any better!! Excellent service from the minute of reserving to the complimentary breakfast on the morning of our departure. Very clean, great location and quiet atmosphere is what we were looking for and we received all of it. Special thanks to Mr. Andy Benameur and his staff for all the special little things that they did to make our stay most enjoyable. We are already planning a return trip this summer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Andy1tun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure serving you and your family during your gathering. Here at the Holiday Inn Express Birch Run, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service and friendly atmosphere when they're away from home and we won't be satisfied unless they're %100 satisfied with their stay.
We look forward to your return trip this summer( By the way I still owe you a cup of Coffee-lol)

Andy Benameur
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Perfect for a Shopping Retreat-The place was clean and well taken care of and all of the staff we met with greeted us with a smile and and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. The Hot Tub open till 10 p.m. was a great way to relax at the the end of the day and the price was hard to beat and the location was Ideal for Birch Run and the Shops at Frankenmuth!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
ExpressBirchRun, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area), responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Daisy,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I'm glad that we have met your expectations and if there's anything I can assist you with during a future stay, feel free to let me know.

Andy Benameur(GM)
London, Ontario
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This Holiday Inn is clean and well-kept, but they should be careful. I called to book the hotel and was met with an ungracious person on the other end of the phone who seemed too busy to make my reservation. I called back twice, and even suggested that she called ME back, but that was not an option. I am a Platinum Priority Club member, and ended up calling Priority Club directly to make the reservation, and this is the only reason I stayed at this location...otherwise I would have called the nearby Comfort Inn to book there.
Once we arrived, however, our stay was adequate. Front desk clerk was nice (different one than answered the phone), and the manager was apologetic about his rude staff member.
Buffet breakfast is not good (not fresh, limited choices), but considering it's free, I wouldn't really complain.
Room was clean, and we got a good night's sleep during our shopping trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a main floor room. The hallways on the 2nd & 3rd floors are BRUTALLY hot!!