All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk hi express the breakfast area staff was friendly would stay here again third floor room was large st joe lake michigan benton charlotte interstate spray walmart
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was amazing! The staff was super friendly. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet. The pool was nice and warm. The breakfast area was very nice and lots of options. We did have some issues with the heater in room blowing out cold air instead of warm air. We had to shut it off a few times and restart it. The fan in the bathroom didn't seem to work very well either.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willowpassion38
Kyle R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in doing our best for our guest.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay. I am sorry about the heater. I will have maintenance take a look at it .
Once again thank you for staying with us.

Sincerly
Charlotte Witt
Front desk manager

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The Saint Joseph River decided to run a bit over it's banks and we were given a few minutes to grab some stuff and get out. A quick search on hotwire brought us to our local Holiday Inn Express, a place we've driven by, but never thought we'd be staying. We ended up staying for four days. The only glitch was that our room wasn't "serviced" for the first two of those days despite letting the desk know. Funny in that the first day the young lady was next door and my wife told her we were on our way out so she could do our room, also funny in that she missed the tip we left her. That aside, the room was clean comfortable and came with a nice comp breakfast which was a step above the usual.

Room Tip: a room in the rear may be more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest I am sorry your room was not serviced while you were here. That is not our standard.
I will talk to my housekeeping staff and remind them to check every room one for service thank you for your review.

Sincerly

Charlotte Witt
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 24 November 2017

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greated and thanked for being a rewards member. I asked if we could have an accessible room. Desk person Charlotte not only said no problem, she took us to the room to make sure it would be good for our needs. Room was excellent, quiet and plenty of room. Staff was friendly and suggested restaurants after asking us what type of food we enjoyed. Breakfast was good, hot and plentiful. Overall, an enjoyable stay. A side point, kudos to this hotel builders for installing the shower pan correctly ( the edge of the base at even with the floor so water flows nto the shower drain, not out onto the rest of the floor as most accessible room showers are). Also a riser seat was installed on the toilet, making it easier for those who have bad knees or hip to use. We will stay at this location again when we are in this area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernardle
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Would definitely recommend this place. I was looking for a place to get some R&R and upon checking in, Victory made sure I got it. She gave me a room on the third floor and I really believed I was the only one in the hotel! I was not disappointed by the updated room which came complete with microwave and refrigerator. It was accurately described and not a case of pictures on the internet looking better than the hotel.

The breakfast was beyond fruit and a glass of juice. The variety was wonderful and included selections for those that wanted pancakes and bacon and also veggie and turkey options.

While I did not visit the pool, the people I saw coming from it looked like they enjoyed themselves. I spent my time in the fitness room.

Overall, this hotel gets all of its gold stars and stickers and would recommend it for great stay!

Room Tip: Ask Victory!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rusteph5
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This Hotel was very clean,the breakfast area was clean and eater friendly,the room was very comfortable the bed was good to sleep on,the staff was awesome especially Victory she was very helpful with everything we needed

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family