See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

This was by far the most disgusting Motel I've ever stayed in. The room was loaded with mold. The bathroom was disgustingly filthy and the air conditioner had flooded the first half of the room and when I showered in the morning the entire room flooded which triggered horrible mold spores that made me very sick with a migraine headache and I had to leave the room. There was no microwave or mini refrigerator. The walls were streaked with filth and there were botched up patches on the walls. The bathroom tiles were all mismatched and uneven and soft and move when you stepped on them. The shower was rusted and there was dirt and filth running down the walls of the shower. The towel bar in the bathroom is Rusted filthy and painted several different times. The flooring was warped and uneven and move when you stepped on them because of the flooding. This is a horrible place and the room we stayed in should be condemned. I'm ashamed we stayed there. We paid $89 for one night and this place wasn't worth a dollar. I should have slept in my car. It was Labor Day weekend and there was nowhere else to stay and we arrived at 2:30 in the morning and it took the two girls working forever to find my reservation and get us a room. It was a disgusting room and I'm still upset when I think about it

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear April, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was booked by a friend for a short weekend trip. We pulled up and immediately knew what type of place this was going to be. We were told we had 15 minutes to look at the room before we would be charged. Walked in the room and holy cow!! The mattresses were pretty much black, the bathroom floor was missing tiles and most were cracked. The real kicker was the numerous dead and live roaches living by the ac unit. Went back to the front desk and never looked back. This place should be shut down.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I reserved a non smoking room, but the first room I was given REEKED of cigarette smoke and the smoke alarm was chirping. I was moved to the room next door. My neighbor had a 30 year old car parked in front of his room with weeds growing up around it through the pavement. The staff is completely unprofessional. The floors in the room and in front of the toilet were very soft and the flooring tiles were loose and broken. The worst part was that my second room DID NOT HAVE A SHOWER. Bathtub, but no shower. I was told to use the room next door (the original, stinky one) to shower. This seems to be a very low end residential place. Never again.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank marcy b
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Marcy, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Booked four rooms and this place was disgusting! Dirty sheets, bed had been slept in and never changed! Poop stained toilet, floors never swept, and the smell was horrible! A lot of illegal activity going on, too. (Do I need to explain further?) They refused to refund us our money! Manager took off! Poor lady behind the counter got in trouble for getting clean sheets for another guest! Do not stay here! They don’t deserve one star but “none” was not a choice.

Room tip: Go the the Red Roof Inn, a lot better!
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Diana L

Dear Diana, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Booked this as an impulse, we booked it a day before we decided to go to Michigan. I am a backpacker traveler and i am not really choosy when it comes to accommodations. The moment I stepped out of the car, the lock is not fixed, they just cover it with a wood, however, the door uses a card as a key. The room looks pleasant. Sheets are somewhat dirty, the room and restroom look so old, needs a good fix. Air condition is terrible, bumped the AC from 68 to 60 but we still feel sweaty all throughout the night. The pillow are so thin, that it feels like youre laying flat on the mattress, I asked the reception if they can give us extra pilllows and they said theres no extra so I had to fold the pillow to give it a little height. In short I didnt get a good sleep. Things that I can say good about this place is the location, it is close to the mall and restaurants, oh, the water pressure is good, they also have a mini fridge and a microwave, towels, tissues and soaps, wifi is available but is weak. Having said all those, I wouldnt recommend this place, I wont trade a decent place and sleep for a cheap accommodation.

Room tip: Do not book
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.