All reviews sliding door fire pit future trips in great shape trundle bed full length mirror front desk business trip quick trip newer hotel rooms are spacious fresh fruit fitness center fitness room short drive king room air conditioner
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Almost 2 years old and still look new. Staff was great. Spacious room. Not sure if all rooms set up the same. Loved the bathroom. Shower only. Couch turns into day bed and trundle is underneath. Places to eat and shop are really close by. Near highway. Approximately 15 minutes from St. Joe. Breakfast area nice and spacious. Breakfast ok. Wish there were pancakes or a waffle iron. Would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. We know how how valuable your time is; we truly appreciate you providing feedback to us. Your comments are wonderful, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your time here. We hope that you would stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott the next time your travels bring you to Southwest Michigan.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

My wife and I were wanting to explore the southwest area of Michigan and wanted something not too expensive and centrally located to our itinerary locations. Springhill Suites was perfect. The room was modern, clean, and provided the space for the two of us to spread out. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jstrotter
Erik M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hello Jeff!

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. We know how important your time is; your feedback is truly appreciated and will be shared with the staff during one of our upcoming daily huddles. It is an honor to hear that you would stay with us again. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

My family of four was looking for a place to stay for one night before heading further north up the coast. This hotel was very clean and the rooms were excellent size (even with a Pack-N-Play setup). While this hotel is located on the outer edge of Benton Harbor, it has close proximity to many different restaurants and retail locations. The service was very helpful during our stay when we had a couple of requests. The indoor pool is not large, but it was enjoyable to allow the kids burn some energy after a day in the car.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for the great review and kind words! It truly sounds like we were able to provide a memorable experience for the right reasons; which is always our number one priority. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you choose us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Had a flawless 4 night stay the end of June. Hotel and room quite modern and clean plus a fitness room that I would put in the top 10% of all hotels stayed in. Kudos to Krystal, who had an "all-star" recommendation on a pizza restaurant, plus who helped me after I left an item behind, and their cleaning staff found it and kept it for me to pick up a few days later. Absolutely would stay there again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for the great review about our property. We know how important your time is and we truly appreciate you letting us know about your recent experience with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed the area and that you would stay here the next time you travel to the area.
Krystal will love that you recognized her, as your review will be shared with our whole team during our daily huddle meeting.
Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Stayed here for 1 night for visiting St. Joseph for the first time from Indiana with my wife and kid. The hotel is very nice and clean, the beds are comfortable and the suite is spacious. The sofa bed is more of a retractable bed that slides underneath the main sofa thus creating a space good enough for 2 kids to sleep side by side. The king bed had ample separation from the sofa bed albeit I had only 1 kid and did not need to use the retractable/sliding portion underneath the sofa bed that made the second sleeping spot.

Plus, being a Marriott rewards member, I was able to do a late check out at 2 pm thus able to hit the beach, come back and freshen up on 7/2/18, a Monday, when it was 77 F for a high as opposed to the other days that were 10 degrees warmer across the board.

These were my main cons:

1. The A/C kept blowing on the bed closest to it with no vents designed to veer the flow sideways or anywhere else. So, we moved a chair and placed a long pillow in front of the A/C so that it re-directed the air to the feet of the person sleeping closest. That helped a lot.
2. Eggs and sausage were the only hot items on the menu, potatoes or other options would have enhanced it.
3. The board below the sink was loose and came off during our stay exposing the pipes below the sink.

Though not a huge deal, the above 3 reasons kept me from giving this hotel an all out 5-star rating.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad S
Erik M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Benton Harbor St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Springhill Suites by Marriott.
I love when we receive in depth reviews like this. We truly value your time and feedback. I am happy to hear that overall you had a good stay. I wish that we could have made it flawless though. Your comments will be shared with Marriott for review.
If I can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to reach out to me. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Southwest Michigan.