All reviewsann arborcomplimentary breakfastcomfortable bedslooked cleannice indoor poolbusiness travelerno issuesexcellent hotelnice breakfastthe hotel is cleana great staynice place to stayhot itemsoatmealwould definitely stay here againnice roomexercise room
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We stayed in this Hampton for 2 nights. We used our Hilton Honors points to stay for free. We were located all the way at the end on the ground floor. Made for easy unpacking! My boys enjoyed playing in the pool. The hotel also has a nice small area outside to sit and let the kids play in the grass, supervised. While everything was wonderful, I do have two complaints.

1. The floor in our room was filthy. I usually expect this from a hotel, but thought everything else was so clean why would this be any different. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and by the time we left their socks were black for the 2 days that we were there. We change their socks everyday.

2. There were little bug crawling all over the bathroom floor. They are very tiny and are attracted to water. I see them in my window wells every now and then. They didn't bother me too much, but enough that everyone was wearing there shoes anytime we were in the room.
My husbands only complaint besides my 2 was that the wireless was not strong enough to reach our room. So he had to take his laptop to the lobby area for it to work.

The staff was wonderful and engaged with our boys in a pleasent and playful manor. We were pleased each day with the different choices for breakfast.

I would recommend this hotel, but just tell people to wear your shoes.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I stayed here for only one night with my daughter on a visit to the University of Michigan. I was using Hilton Hhonors points and this hotel was available for fewer points than similar hotels (slightly) closer to the University. I was unfamiliar with the area and envisioned a typical well-worn airport hotel. The hotel was much nicer than I expected. It was very clean, the room was quiet and comfortable, and the morning breakfast was a nice treat.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank dshamilton
Reviewed 27 December 2007

I must admit that I was begining to give up hope on finding a decent hotel as we have had several bad experiences this year.
But during our recent stay (For Christmas) we were pleased to find that good customer service was not a thing of the past.

We did hit a couple of small snags:

1. We had booked a king room with a sleeper sofa and when calling a few days before arrival to make sure we were set I was told that we were booked for a king room without the sleeper, and while the Rep was a little curt she did resolve the problem and we did indeed get a sleeper on arrival. (but I advise that you ALWAYS double check your reservations!

2. Room was less then clean, chair and sleeper sofa were very stained and the housekeeping staff did not dust or vaccum..and bathroom was not clean (hair and mold in the shower & tub). But when we complaned they had them come in and redo it and it was ok.

3. There was NO houskeeping on Christmas day at all so we had to empty our own trash etc.... now while I appreciate that we all like to spend time with family on the holidays this is a hotel after all and so ALL ammenities should be available on ALL days after all this is what we are paying for.

But aside from these few minor inconviences we had a pleasent stay, it was quiet...the staff was courtious, the pool was clean, warm and convient and all in all we were pleased.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank southernbelle200708
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Terrific hotel, just off the highway but the building positioned in such a way that noise is not an issue.

Adjacent to a variety of restaurants and only a block from a Wal-Mart. Free breakfast, free internet, nice pillowtop mattresses, and a gorgeous and friendly front-desk staff. What more could a guy ask for?

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I had chosen this hotel because it would be ideal located after our visit to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn and on the way to Indiana the next day. Luckily I made a reservation in advance, it was fully booked on a weekday end September. The hotel is not far from Highway 94 and if you drive in the direction on the service road you will see a Holiday Inn Express first, the Hampton is just behind it. (We arrived late in the afternoon after our visit to the Henry Ford museum, if you are there before your visit you can buy reduced entrance tickets.)

There was a nice girl (I think her name is Corey) who checked us in in a very friendly and capable way. Our room was at the end off the 2nd floor and this is one of the most spacious rooms they have. It had a clean bathroom, 2 comfortable beds with the new Hampton bedding, a recliner with ottoman and a large working desk with chair. It also had the refrigerator, but it missed the microwave. I had made a booking for a room including this. When I mentioned this at the front desk, the girl apologized but couldn’t change rooms, as all rooms with microwaves were occupied. However she was willing to reduce some of the rate and offered to use the microwave in the breakfast area, which I all gladly accepted.

There is no business center, but there is one computer with printer in the lobby. It was used most of the time, so I had to wait, but there was comfortable seating and magazines were available.

The breakfast was good, lots of fruit salad, yoghurt, eggs and all the other things. It was busy, but everything was kept well stocked and tables were cleaned all the time.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple