See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This motel is directly off the highway. I was pleasantly surprise by the size of the room. Ceiling was nice, I know that sounds odd, but it was just different, high and slightly angled. I was a bit hesitant because there was no dead bolt or bar to lock. Weird little shelf that looked like there was a sink once there, but we just used that as extra space. It was quiet all night except for the morning and then a lot of banging doors. Very nice refrigerator with a whole freezer on top! Breakfast was lacking, (no hot food) so we ate at the McDonald next door. They did have a waffle iron and lots of bananas and apples. Fine for one night passing through.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Aashish P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate when guests take the time to provide feedback. Thanks again for the taking time and mention about amenities we offer and room size. We hope to see you next time you visit the area.

Best Regards,
Aashish Patel
989-402-1505

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Stayed 2 nights during our road trip. Basic room, everything was clean and well stocked. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was the usual bagels,waffles, toast and pastries. Nice location, close to freeways and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

We strive in making everyone's experience the best ever!! We are pleased you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at EconoLodge Bay City. It is nice to know that you found our team nice and helpful. Once again, thank you for staying with us at Econolodge Bay City, and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Best Regards,
Aashish Patel
989-402-1505

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We really enjoy this EconoLodge, they're always making it better and better. They Now have a magnificent handicap accessible area: a beautiful ramp in two directions. I also noted for the first time that they have a large meeting room available. We were in an upstairs room : spacious, vaulted ceiling, and balcony. So clean, so quiet, and such kind people. We stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in Lapeer recently and the only extras we had were popcorn and cookies in the Lobby. The Holiday Inn also had a spa and pool, but when we're just traveling overnight--that's not worth paying so much more for. I'd rate this Econo Lodge Five Stars!!

Room Tip: It's just off I-75: good location. All the rooms have been super quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We spent one night at the Econolodge in Bay City, Michigan while travelling through. The location is excellent as it is right off I75. The rooms, however, need some updating as well as the building itself. There was a musty smell to the building which was not very welcoming. The breakfast choices were limited and would have been nice to see some yogurt or hard boiled eggs as a protein. The staff was all very courteous and helpful though.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My husband & I were in Bay City for the Tall Ship Celebration for 2 nights. It's an old Howard Johnson's that has been updated and is clean and quiet with a great staff. The Complimentary breakfast has a nice variety to choose from...it even has a waffle machine so you can make your own. The owner/manager was very friendly and helpful. Another plus is that its right off I75 which makes it convenient and easy to find. I would recommend this hotel for a budget friendly stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple