All reviews stay there again beautiful view restaurant staff small balcony copper harbor salad bar hot tub and sauna attached restaurant favorite hotel very nice hotel a wonderful place to stay spent nights nice room michigan tech balcony room per night air conditioning
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We were warmly greeted on late arrival, had a lakeview room on the third floor, very clean and quiet, watched the sun come up over the water and enjoyed the breakfast buffet with very good wait staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Sue B, Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great start to the day to watch the sun rise over Lake Superior. We look forward to your return visit.
Have a great day,

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Spent three enjoyable nights at the Lakeside Inn. While we didn't have a lake view, our room was quiet , clean and comfortable. There is a lovely view of the lake from the dining room and tables are situated so all can enjoy it. The pool and hot tub were great for relaxing after day trips farther up the peninsula and returning each night.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside view.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you selected us as your home away from home and you were able to visit the areas of interest in the Upper Peninsula. We look forward to a return visit and hopefully a lakeside room will be available during your stay.

Enjoy the beautiful autumn weather.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed here 9-09-17. We got the King whirlpool room. Bed was comfortable. We didn't use the hot tub. Nice clean room with a small balcony facing Bay. The food at the restaurant was not the best. We had dinner and breakfast buffet there. I would rate food at a 2.5 stars. Service and staff were very nice though. Not much to choose from for food in this area though so we ate there at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naturehealer 1
Sue B, General Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased that we are able to be your home away from home for a short time. Our staff takes pride in preparing the rooms for our guests to help insure their comfort. We look forward to having you as our guests the next time you happen to be in our area.

Have a great autumn.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We ended up here after leaving another motel because of unacceptable conditions. Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet. Brook was very courteous when I called ahead to reserve the room from 90 miles away, and made sure our check in experience went smoothly. The hotel has a boat launch adjacent to the parking lot that had a great spot to launch our paddleboards for an evening outing.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 3RiversMom
Sue B, General Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to have a pleasant evening on Lake Superior's Keweenaw Bay. I am very happy that we met your expectations. I hope that next time you are in this area you will spend it with us again. Have a wonderful autumn.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here for 1 night before dropping my son off to college. All we cared about was a place to spend 1 night before going to Houghton. The check-in process was a breeze, but other things not so much.
1. We tried to have a dinner. The dining room was full, so they took our name and room number down and promised to call us. The call never came, so after 1 hour we decided to check, what was going on. It appeared that the dining room was already only 1/3 full, but we've been told that we'd have to wait at least 1 hour before getting our food. Keep in mind, it is already 8:30pm. Apparently, the kitchen was backed up - yes, with dining room only 1/3 full. We ate elsewhere.
2. The breakfast the following day - the omelet was greasy and without taste. The waitresses were way too nice, maybe trying to overcompensate for previous night snafu and lousy kitchen? FYI: I don't care - please, let me eat my food in peace and don't interrupt me with constant questions (and forced smile) "is everything all right?". You perfectly know that it isn't! Please!
I have also overheard them talking that they would hear it, if they are backed up in the kitchen again.
Suggestion: guys, if you get backed up so often, why don't you just do what other chain hotels do - serve buffet style breakfast only and be done with it. Your kitchen is average at best, anyway.
3. I have read that the hotel has undergone some major renovations. My question is - where? Not in my room. Old carpet, old wallpapers, old bathtub and fixtures, squeaky floor in the room, squeaky floors and old carpets in common areas as well. Guys, fyi: some fresh caulking along edges in the bathroom does not count as "renovations". Any renovations are definitely needed in your dining room - the carpet is dirty, used up and basically - disgusting.
We are definitely NOT planning to stay anywhere near this hotel any time soon.
CtMC

Room Tip: Don't! Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CountDeMonteCristo
Sue B, Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you taking the time to write a review of our property. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and ownership. I am sorry that we did not met your expectation. We hope your son enjoys his time at college this year.