“Sunday evening dinner late”
Review of Oliver's Tavern

Oliver's Tavern
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

After a day in Hyannis at the Street Day festivities, we found the many restaurants close early during the off season. Oliver's is an exception, and on the recommendation of a local resident we stopped in for dinner. A 7PM dinner was with a small Sunday night crowd in the restaurant side, and one or two of the specials had been off the menu as having been ordered to often. We tried a Cape Cod beer and the seafood platter and a salad. Service was prompt and the maitre de was delightful, we found out the she had spent several years in our home area. The meal was very well prepared, and the servings were we'll portioned, so we did not need to take any food home.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love the atmosphere here and most of the time the food. Ordered pizza tonight which is wood fired. How do you get a pizza undercooked? Sent it back and it took another ten minutes. Still chewy. Ate 3 slices and took the rest home. Sorry but pizza goes in a box when more than 2/3 of the pizza is left. Didn't think to take a picture of the original pizza delivered to the table.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The food seems to have gone downhill, not sure if they have changed chefs or not. Used to be very good, Went tonight and I had the shrimp and scallops scampi from there winter 2018 menu, was very disappointed , was very bland , practically no scampi sauce, and was loaded with mushrooms, have never had scampi with mushrooms before. My wife had the fried calm basket on the special , and the clams were very chewy and not enjoyable., The wait staff was very slow, we had to ask 3 times for some rolls and butter, however the onion rings were good, the chowder was nothing to write home about. We used to really enjoy going there and for the most part never had a bad meal till tonight.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have been here 10 times or so. I find the food and beverage prices to be a bit pricey and are usually find the staff is not exceptionally friendly. Pretty much this is an establishment I will only return to under dire circumstances.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The setting is somewhat outdated and a little musty. I sat at the bar and had great service in a laid back and comfortable setting.
The best part was the food. The Fried
Fish platter was cooked perfectly in very clean oil and with very fresh and high quality seafood. Good chowder too. I would definitely go again if I’m out that way.