“3rd time to Grille 43”
Review of Grill 43

Grill 43
Description: Warm, family-friendly tavern featuring brick-oven pies, New American dishes, beer, wine & cocktails.
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I pretty much get the same thing here each time and really don't know why except it tastes great and not available on many other restaurant menus. Started with the smoked seafood chowder and the BBQ beef short ribs for the main course. Both were good. The ribs (actually a small steak) were a little overcooked and a bit dry but still not too bad just not as great as the last time.
The waitress mentioned they were out of bread. Very disappointed since the pretzel bread is great. I mentioned this on the way out to the manger or owner and he seemed surprised almost like they were not out of bread so not really sure what happened. Others in my party had shishito peppers and salads both good. They also ordered faroe salmon, grille 43 burger, and beef sliders. Everyone was pleased with the meal. It was much less crowded now that the summer rush is over. We were able to relax and actually hear ourselves. The restaurant is decorated very nice and the staff is great. Overall very good each time just please don't forget the bread or run out of bread whatever the case may be.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

On our last night of vacation, our family found ourselves without a dinner reservation and essentially out of luck in Dennis Village. We had recently heard of Grill 43 from our B&B innkeeper the week before and decided to give it a whirl. When we called ahead, they were pleasant and the whole vibe was of how they could help. Learned from the staff who answered the owners have made a decision to retain a certain amount of tables for walk in customers and we were definitely the beneficiaries of this policy. We arrived there in short order and secured tasty cocktails while waiting for a table. After a relatively short wait (5-10 minutes), we were seated and all opted to try either the clams or fish and chips. When the food came, we were distressed to see the fish looked dark, almost burnt. What a surprise when we tasted it-the color was perhaps due to an ingredient in the batter (? beer) and instead of being burnt or heavy, it was light, crunchy, and heavenly. The fish within was moist and delicious. My daughter loved her clams as well. Did not have room for dessert but would definitely return to Grill 43 for their tasty and well priced food served in a friendly atmosphere!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018

A spinoff from the Rock Harbor Grill, we were hoping that it would be as good. It was better and although similar now I am told that it will diverge from the RHG style. Nevertheless, it was very good to excellent. I had the gambas which were not served in the traditional style, but rather on a crostini and a great sauce; definitely a keeper. The mussels were excellent as was the sole and cod. The special pizza was just right (as I had the other half for breakfast the next day). This restaurant is evolving and we will go along with it. Would we return? Absolutely.

1  Thank ChathamTom
Reviewed 10 October 2018

It can be a bit noisy but we were fine in the side room. Maya, our server, was so apologetic that we had been waited almost 40 minutes for our orders to come out. (Apparently there was a mix up in the kitchen). She offered complimentary drinks (don't miss the pistachio Mai Tai!) and desserts but we were too full after dinner. I had the grilled salmon and my husband the seafood special which was swordfish. Lovely presentation and generous portions.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I've heard about this place all summer and finally had the opportunity to check it out first hand.

We went early, to beat the rush, and i"m glad we did as it didn't take long for the place to fill up.

The food was excellent and the service was great. I think it will become one of my new favorites, although I'll avoid it during peak season as I think the crowds will take away from the experience.