“Very good sushi and tepanaki”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #313 of 586 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2014

Sushi is always good here. I prefer soy paper over seaweed and they have that. Tepanaki meals are also very good - most chefs are entertaining. I go here to get my favorite scopion bowls and mai tais. Friendly bar tenders.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

When dining Teppanyaki style, an animated chef doing a show is expected. We got nothing of the sort. Food was adequate as was the service, but was way overpriced. The ginger sauce given to accompany the meat was fine, but the sweet sauce with it is just plain gross. The same sauce is used on the fried rice, which tasted nothing like fried rice. Salad dressing is too chunky and the salad greens were not drained properly leaving a lot of water in the bowl. White rice was cold when served and was chewy. Lack of hot mustard was frustrating. What Japanese restaurant doesn't serve hot mustard? Restaurant is extremely noisy as well. Will not go back.

1  Thank Outbacklover
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Brought my dad and brother-in-law here for dinner while they were in town. We usually have a good time and did this time as well. The good was good, not bad and not great, but what we have come to expect having been here a couple if times. Most of the teppanyaki placed that I have been to have been a little more entertaining, showering you in fried egg or saki rather than a chunk of zucchini but it's all fun in the end. Regardless , it is definitely a fun experience, it just doesn't wow me when it comes to teppanyaki, they could afford to go a little further.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I have been going to Kyoto for a few years. This is one of our favorite spots. The food and service are always great. The femail bartender (can't remember her name) is super friendly and really a great server. We always sit at the bar, but the various bartenders that serve us are always pleasant.

Recently, they added some new sushi rolls, and they are delicious and fairly priced. We will be back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I go at least twice a month. Sushi and hibachi is great we usually have a little of both. Great scorpion bowls, friendly staff, cool bar, great food. I recommend it to all my friends.