“Local BBQ”

West Side Steak & BBQ
Ranked #77 of 633 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Informal neighborhood spot for BBQ featured a warm, friendly staff, reasonable prices and a nice selection of sides to accompany great ribs and pulled pork. Cole slaw is good, onion rings solid. Nice place to hang out and support a hardworking staff and have a very good casual meal.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We found this place by accident late last year, and decided to try it again this past weekend, trying to take advantage of the warming weather. Two of us had the usual - pulled pork and brisket, and I had the St. Louis BBQ ribs. I was expecting something completely different, as their fare was usually good before, but boy was I disappointed. Sure, the ribs were hot (unlike that health hazard, Wes's RibHouse in Onlyville, RI), but they had a funny taste and looked like they had been boiled. Not wanting to convey my dissatisfaction to the owner/waitress, a charming lady, I reluctantly ate this slop. To add insult to injury, when I asked for 2 more of her microscopic corn breads, I noticed we had been charged $1.00/ea for these demitasse hordovers. No more for me, obligado!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Aroma of BBQ greets you in this simple, small (about 20 seats) restaurant with an active take-out business also. Pulled pork is excellent, with full flavor, a hint of spiciness, and quality meat.

We went with grandchildren 5 and 8, who were very well attended to. The TV monitor miraculously changed from Spanish programming to Curious George in English soon after our arrival. Service is gregarious, prompt and helpful.

I suspect that lunch hour is a busy time for them. Reasonable prices, excellent value.

[I rate stars comparing my experience versus what the establishment purports to be... a great hot dog stand is a 5, a haute cuisine place that disappoints might be a 3]

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 25 November 2016

Tired of the usual spots in this part of Worcester, we decided to venture out from our comfort zone and found this tiny, cozy gem off Rte. 122 on the western side of town. The aroma of pork bbq wafts through the air as soon as you enter, and beckons you to come in and set a spell. We were not disappointed with our choices, and ate them with relish. The hostess is a charming and friendly Brazilian lady who is happy to describe the items on the menu and whose demeanor guarantees a return visit. Looking forward to trying something new on their menu the next time.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank GabeyBaby
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The food is always excellent, fresh and good quality!. Best chicken wings in the city. The pulled pork is fabulous. Great selection of sides to go with phenomenal ribs. The owner goes out of her way to ensure that the service and food are outstanding. Great people watching sitting outside during the warmer months. If you forget to BYOB, there is a package store next door.

Date of visit: July 2016