“Decent food, mediocre service.”
Review of Evo - CLOSED

Evo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

We came in on a Friday night. It seemed moderately busy but we were seated right away. Our server Chelsea seemed overall disinterested in our table. She gave us the wine menu and came back a min or two later with small cocktail sized glasses of water. At that time I tried to give her my wine order, but she immediately left before I could get her attention. We pondered over the menu for several minutes and then waited for her to come back and take our order. We each got one of their sandwiches on ciabatta bread. We each got to choose a side. The fries were sad looking crinkle cuts straight from the freezer. Although an odd choice for a side, the seaweed salad was very good. The ciabatta was much larger than expected. I feel like there was almost too much bun for the amount of meat on the sandwich.

After bringing our food, Chelsea never came back to ask us how things were or refill our tiny glasses of water. I had to stop her as she rushed by us. By this point the restaurant had really cleared out and most people were finishing up and leaving. I've been a waitress, so I do understand she may have been busy doing side work or what not but it shouldn't leave one of your last customers feeling ignored.

My overall experience was just ok and I would not come back.

2  Thank Crystal817

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We'd heard good things so wanted to try it. It didn't disappoint at all. It's a casual spot, nice bar area, lots of energy. Extensive menu, with some unique offerings. Not a place to go if you are looking for a quiet meal, but it's not overly loud either. Good for business, pleasure or families.

It's a bit strange in that it's not what you'd necessarily expect in this area. That's not a criticism, it's just that I suspect a lot of people feel as we did that once you walk inside you feel a bit transported. It has the look and feel of being in a more vibrant, buzzing part of the city. Again, not a bad thing, just a note so others realize when they drive up that inside feels different than the outside vibe.

Parking right nearby is tough, but there's a few parking lots just across the street so not an issue.

Go enjoy!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Worcester Restaurant Week always beckons us to a few restaurants, including EVO. While some restaurants seem to dumb down the choices, EVO takes the chance to explore what the kitchen can do. Appetizers seem to always shine here. This time, the special appetizer that caught our eyes were Korean spareribs. AMAZING. While the meatloaf (stuffed with bacon mashed potatoes) was good, the seven-spice chicken was a star. While the menu said it was spicy, it was more flavorful, with hints of Five Spice, ginger, and other spices. Around us were many happy diners sharing appetizers and munching on burgers, steaks and salads. We left the same way we always leave EVO: Why don't we come more often?

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

The food at evo was so good! We can't wait to come back and try more off the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

We came here for restaurant week to try something new. The restaurant itself has a clean, modern look. Chelsea was our waitress -- she was friendly, quick and very informative. We had the Korean ribs to start. They were tasty, without excessive sauce and a little bite at the end. We also got the paella. Simply put it was delicious. It had a good amount of seafood and the chorizo gave the dish quite a personality. It was a special feature for Restaurant Week, but I would recommend that they make it part of the regular menu. My husband loved the flan so much, he ordered a second one and raved about the flavor the entire time. I got the fried cheesecake and enjoyed it very much. The outside had a beautiful crunch and the inside was creamy and delicious.

I would highly recommend Evo -- it has a good atmosphere, really good food and outstanding service.