“Kitchen continues to surprise”
Review of Evo - CLOSED

Evo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
Reviewed 6 March 2015

Worcester Restaurant Week always beckons us to a few restaurants, including EVO. While some restaurants seem to dumb down the choices, EVO takes the chance to explore what the kitchen can do. Appetizers seem to always shine here. This time, the special appetizer that caught our eyes were Korean spareribs. AMAZING. While the meatloaf (stuffed with bacon mashed potatoes) was good, the seven-spice chicken was a star. While the menu said it was spicy, it was more flavorful, with hints of Five Spice, ginger, and other spices. Around us were many happy diners sharing appetizers and munching on burgers, steaks and salads. We left the same way we always leave EVO: Why don't we come more often?

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

The food at evo was so good! We can't wait to come back and try more off the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

We came here for restaurant week to try something new. The restaurant itself has a clean, modern look. Chelsea was our waitress -- she was friendly, quick and very informative. We had the Korean ribs to start. They were tasty, without excessive sauce and a little bite at the end. We also got the paella. Simply put it was delicious. It had a good amount of seafood and the chorizo gave the dish quite a personality. It was a special feature for Restaurant Week, but I would recommend that they make it part of the regular menu. My husband loved the flan so much, he ordered a second one and raved about the flavor the entire time. I got the fried cheesecake and enjoyed it very much. The outside had a beautiful crunch and the inside was creamy and delicious.

I would highly recommend Evo -- it has a good atmosphere, really good food and outstanding service.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

My wife and I were in the area for an event, and on a very snowy night made reservations using Open Table and got in about two hours before closing on a Saturday. We were so happy with our meals and service we came back the next morning for breakfast.

When we arrived we made mistake in parking. The restaurant is at the corner of Chandler and Dewey Streets, and we thought the front of the building was where all the parking was (Chandler St side), but there's a lot in the rear on Dewey Street with what looks like more space. You know you are in the right place when you see "Living Earth Natural Food Supermarket" which is in the same building as EVO. DO NOT GO BY THE GOOGLE IMAGE you will find if you Google the address -- it is before renovations and will make you wonder if you got the right place.

We were greeted promptly upon entering, and seated within seconds, both times we were there. The service was excellent, and the servers seem to have the right attitude: make this the best meal you will have that day.

For dinner, my wife and I had a chicken and a stir-fry dish, respectively. The stir fry was just delicious, though the vegetables were undercooked (the cabbage was still a bit chewy). But the flavors were there. When we got our check, our waitress said, "until we meet again... take care" which my wife and I thought was the best thing waitstaff ever said to us in decades, which got us into thinking about coming back for breakfast. And so we did.

We were the first to come in the next morning as we had to get to the event early. We were promptly seated, the waiter said he had nice fresh, hot coffee for us ready if we wanted it, and in seconds it was in our hands. We both had the Italian bread french toast with bacon, and it was very fresh and delicious. Service was similarly excellent.

If you like to find those "mom and pop" local jewels that are bravely looking to make a name for themselves, this is a "must try." EVO impressed us both with their service and with the freshness/flavor of their offerings. When we come back to Worcester, we are definitely coming back to EVO.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

I have been to Evo three times for lunch and each time my food has been perfection. The restaurant is a bit dark but I like that. I can't stand really bright lights. The vibe is modern and cool and I have always had good service. The parking lot is tight but there is parking on the street. But truly the best part is the food - really delicious.