“Fresh, Tasty Food and Excellent Service”
Review of Evo - CLOSED

Evo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: EVO Dining opened its doors in 2008 on the corner of Park Avenue and Chandler Streets in Worcester MA. Home of Worcester's Best Chef 2013 Voted Worcester’s Best Overall Restaurant 2012Also named Best Vegan & Organic Food & Best Place to Be Seen by Worcester Living Magazine. Worcester Restaurant, EVO Dining offers health conscious menu options to please an array of tastes.The casual fine dining menu features award winning cuisine prepared with only the freshest natural and organic ingredients. To please steak lovers, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests alike, menu items include signature sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and flavorful entrees. Breakfast and Brunch are served on weekends, and catering options include party platters fit for easy entertaining. A full bar complete with fresh wine selections, drafts, and delicious cocktails make this the perfect place to experience the evolution in dining.
Reviewed 26 February 2015

My wife and I were in the area for an event, and on a very snowy night made reservations using Open Table and got in about two hours before closing on a Saturday. We were so happy with our meals and service we came back the next morning for breakfast.

When we arrived we made mistake in parking. The restaurant is at the corner of Chandler and Dewey Streets, and we thought the front of the building was where all the parking was (Chandler St side), but there's a lot in the rear on Dewey Street with what looks like more space. You know you are in the right place when you see "Living Earth Natural Food Supermarket" which is in the same building as EVO. DO NOT GO BY THE GOOGLE IMAGE you will find if you Google the address -- it is before renovations and will make you wonder if you got the right place.

We were greeted promptly upon entering, and seated within seconds, both times we were there. The service was excellent, and the servers seem to have the right attitude: make this the best meal you will have that day.

For dinner, my wife and I had a chicken and a stir-fry dish, respectively. The stir fry was just delicious, though the vegetables were undercooked (the cabbage was still a bit chewy). But the flavors were there. When we got our check, our waitress said, "until we meet again... take care" which my wife and I thought was the best thing waitstaff ever said to us in decades, which got us into thinking about coming back for breakfast. And so we did.

We were the first to come in the next morning as we had to get to the event early. We were promptly seated, the waiter said he had nice fresh, hot coffee for us ready if we wanted it, and in seconds it was in our hands. We both had the Italian bread french toast with bacon, and it was very fresh and delicious. Service was similarly excellent.

If you like to find those "mom and pop" local jewels that are bravely looking to make a name for themselves, this is a "must try." EVO impressed us both with their service and with the freshness/flavor of their offerings. When we come back to Worcester, we are definitely coming back to EVO.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

I have been to Evo three times for lunch and each time my food has been perfection. The restaurant is a bit dark but I like that. I can't stand really bright lights. The vibe is modern and cool and I have always had good service. The parking lot is tight but there is parking on the street. But truly the best part is the food - really delicious.

Reviewed 26 December 2014

Stopped in for dinner after a matinee show at the Hanover with the family.

We started with the Bake Spinach & Artichoke Dip...very yummy, served with some veggies and pita bread.

As a family we had the Baked Shepard's Pie, Tofu Stir Fry and Mac N Cheese...all were hits and provided enough to bring home for left overs for lunch the next day.

Service was good...really no complaints other than the atmosphere with the concrete floors appears a bit cold...vs the warmy feeling you'd expect with some of the wonderful homey type food they prepare!

Reviewed 20 December 2014

I have been to Evo's several times in the past few years and the food is always delicious. They have a wide variety of choices on their menu. Even have a kids' menu, that my kids really enjoyed as well. Presentation of food is very creative, ie. desserts served on pieces of slate. Restaurant has a cool ambiance with natural stone work and a water wall behind the bar, but is a little dark. The hostess station has a good grasp of customer service which is harder to find than it should be! On my most recent visit last night our server was very friendly but a little slow to come back despite the restaurant being 1/2 empty. Definitely would recommend driving to the other side of Worcester away from Shrewsbury St. to try Evo's.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

The menu has so many choices, something for everyone! There are many choices for vegetarians too. When in Worcester we routinely have lunch or dinner. There are 10+ quesadilla choices, pizzas, burgers, mac & cheese options served in oven skillets which guarantee flavor & temps. as well as entrees and daily specials. There is additional menu for signature drinks, extensive beer & wine menu. Servers are well informed about menu and provide great service.