“best grilled cheese and soup!”

Birchtree Bread Company
Ranked #1 of 33 Bakeries in Worcester
Reviewed 6 June 2016

the food is amazing, great coffee, good service and relaxing environment. Every meal is good. Comfy place to go to and read a book, surf the net.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Great spot at the farmers market in old restored mill building. Husband and I both had corned beef quiche, excellent as was the parsnip and polenta soup. Terrific duo covering "fly me to the moon" and "the girl from ipanema". Families, couples, friends and singles...everyone happy and relaxed.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Wow! This is an awesome place! The food is delicious, in a quaint building, awesome atmosphere. This may be the catalyst to reviving Worcester.Being from out of town, we needed a meeting place for friends from Boston and chose this. We were all impressed by the quality of the food as well as the whole set up. There was a live band playing, a mix of people, all of whom seemed to be enjoying every aspect of their time in the establishment. We loved it!

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

This is my spot in Worcester, totally takes me out of the mood of this gloomy city. Very nice menu, food is good and the atmosphere is amazing.
Every day there is life music by local artists playing at noon time. Enjoy your coffee and a nice almond croissant, and before you page don't forget to take home an olive and herbs bread loaf, the best I have eaten ever.
Thank you Birchtree hope you keep the good work.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

This is a preliminary review, because I just stopped by to check the place out. Then I decided to buy a loaf of wheat bread that had just come out of the oven and headed home. I am particular about bread, because I don't want the carbs unless the bread is really worth it. Well, all I can say is, "who needs the meat"? It had a good crust that was substantial without being too hard to bite through. Since it was still warm when I got home, I immediately cut a slice and spread a little butter on it. Yum! It was dense and satisfying. That was my whole lunch! The best description I can come up with is that it had a "good chew" to it. I plan on returning to try out an actual meal and different products.