“Great food, comfortable atmosphere”
Review of Chuan Shabu

Chuan Shabu
Ranked #92 of 587 Restaurants in Worcester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

There were 11 of us that came here for a birthday celebration. We had reservations but it is a small place so we took up a lot of room. They seem to be better known for their hot pot but we ordered many different dishes off the menu. Each item was very good. Not everything came out at once but enough to keep us going each time. Our server handled the task efficiently and never appeared to be overwhelmed with serving a party of 11. She never made us feel rushed and listened attentively and answered all our questions. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We are a group of seven old friends, really cannot and should not eat that much. But since it is all you can eat, it feels great that you can order anything you want.
We stay there the entire afternoon, spending most of the time talking then eat as much as we can in a heathy way.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We love treating ourselves to hot pot at Chuan Shabu and have had nothing but great food and service each time. We usually go for hot pot but have loved the few chinese dishes we tried as well. It is pretty expensive but worth it and the $5 mai tai drinks are delicious!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We ate here 2-25-2017 (yes, I know this is delayed). We were on road, taking a grandson on a 'treat' trip & needed to eat. Ran search on Internet, saw positive reviews & wished to give the kid a new experience. He was excited & loved it. We were satisfied, although the quality was less & price more than places we've visited in Boston area. What *really* infuriated me, though, was to receive a credit card receipt with an included tip well in excess of the quality of the service rendered. After the subtotal there was the usual line for a tip. I almost added a tip & signed when I realized the total on the check had been significantly less - 18% less. Then they blithely hand me a slip to sign which implies no tip had been included? It's one matter if the price is bit high, it's *quite* another when a restaurateur allows shady practices. I don't know who is responsible for this nor why the mechanics are this way, I do know I'll never return. Absent this bovine manure, my rating would have been a 3.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

i have been a fan for years but the last two visits realized something is very wrong....understaffed with wait people not experienced and though earnest not able to communicate beyond basics....drink order not right twice and the guy tending bar and managing confused...please Wilson don't let this place go downhill....