“All you can eat shabu shabu”
Review of Chuan Shabu

Chuan Shabu
Ranked #88 of 586 Restaurants in Worcester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We are a group of seven old friends, really cannot and should not eat that much. But since it is all you can eat, it feels great that you can order anything you want.
We stay there the entire afternoon, spending most of the time talking then eat as much as we can in a heathy way.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We love treating ourselves to hot pot at Chuan Shabu and have had nothing but great food and service each time. We usually go for hot pot but have loved the few chinese dishes we tried as well. It is pretty expensive but worth it and the $5 mai tai drinks are delicious!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We ate here 2-25-2017 (yes, I know this is delayed). We were on road, taking a grandson on a 'treat' trip & needed to eat. Ran search on Internet, saw positive reviews & wished to give the kid a new experience. He was excited & loved it. We were satisfied, although the quality was less & price more than places we've visited in Boston area. What *really* infuriated me, though, was to receive a credit card receipt with an included tip well in excess of the quality of the service rendered. After the subtotal there was the usual line for a tip. I almost added a tip & signed when I realized the total on the check had been significantly less - 18% less. Then they blithely hand me a slip to sign which implies no tip had been included? It's one matter if the price is bit high, it's *quite* another when a restaurateur allows shady practices. I don't know who is responsible for this nor why the mechanics are this way, I do know I'll never return. Absent this bovine manure, my rating would have been a 3.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

i have been a fan for years but the last two visits realized something is very wrong....understaffed with wait people not experienced and though earnest not able to communicate beyond basics....drink order not right twice and the guy tending bar and managing confused...please Wilson don't let this place go downhill....

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I have been to the restaurant twice both times for the Hot Pot (side note their website looks like it just sells regular Chinese food, which it does BUT 90% of the people here go for the Hot Pot). The first time I went as a couple and had a great experience.. Great server who explained everything well, how to make your sauce, how long to cook things for etc…ordered the Deluxe 2 people and it was TONS of food, you will not finish it all with just two people.

Went back on the weekend for a group of 6 people … very disappointed. Mainly as they put us on one table, very crowed but most importantly only room for ONE Hot Pot… sharing one hot pot for 6 can be done sure… but it was more chaos than fun and the server this time told us NOTHING about how to cook things etc… as I had been before I was able to help out the other 5 but had I not known the whole experience would have been awful…

Bottom line as a couple for something new, and a good server I would rate this a 4 or 5 as a group with a bad server a 1 or 2 … end result.. I put it in as a 3.