“Excellent sushi”

Kai Sushi Bar & Grill
Ranked #67 of 586 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

What a great little place. Very friendly staff and delicious sushi. Also one of the better filets in Worcester.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Have been to Kai many times. My go to for fresh creative Sushi. Great combinations of texture and flavors. Not sure what you want, if it's not too busy just tell them what you like and they will surprise you. Tommy, Mallory & Brandon treat regulars like family. Great food, great people. Not a fan of Sushi, best steak I ever had!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Went here on a Saturday night with a reservation for 6. It is a small place, so calling ahead was necessary with a table of 6. Place was busy, there were a few seats that bar at the time. We ordered a bunch of Mai Tais (strong, but not TOO strong and not too sweet). We started with a couple of orders of crab rangoons & a G roll & the special roll of the night. I wish I could remember what it was, but it was spicy and had jalapenos involved so it was GOOOOD. The rangoons were the best that I have ever tried. They tasted fresh and light. The sushi was really good. After that round we ordered ANOTHER order of crab rangoons (6 to an order) & a Fuji maki. All delicious. Some of us ordered more apps for dinner but I had the sea and land. Came with a perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth filet with 3 scallops. Next time I may save myself the $5 and skip the scallops but that's only because it was so much food, not because the scallops were bad. It also comes with miso soup & salad. Their ginger dressing tasted homemade and not like every other places dressing. You can sub one of your soup/salad for steamed rice. Others at our table had veggie fried rice and the tempura vegetables. Everything was awesome. I never thought to go to Webster Square for dinner, never mind sushi but I am glad that I did. All of us walked out of there agreeing we would go back and trying to think of an occasion that would make it mandatory. Great meal. (my leftover filet was even amazing for breakfast the next day!)

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend's friend recommended this place so we went for it.
This place did not disappoint in any area.
MaiTai, strong, but not shockingly.
We had the pan fried dumplings & crab Rangoon for an app & a piece of sirloin steak that was hands down, BEST I've ever had!
Don't let this one go unnoticed!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Had an overall wonderful experience! Our server, Bailey, was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. She also makes a great Scorpion Bowl! Started with the Udon noodles which were yummy. G Roll and Kai Roll are always a favorite. Tried the Warrior Roll for the first time and will be ordering it again! We will definitely be back!