“Nice Spot for Lunch”

NU Kitchen
Ranked #55 of 625 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: A fast casual eatery and juice bar serving up fresh and healthy meals made with love. Offering smoothies, juice, acai bowls, paninis and grain bowls along with craft beer and wine there is something to delight/nourish/satisfy everyone! Whether it's a quick meal on the go, a work/study session, a family dinner or a social gathering, we've got you covered for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went for lunch today and really enjoyed our choices. My wife had a chicken pesto Flatbread and I had a combo (1/2 Southwest salad and 1/2 Turkey Avocado Panini. I also had a beer from their limited choices, fairly priced and my wife had ice water, You order and pay at the front counter and they give you a number on a little pedestal for your table. They were not very busy and the sandwiches came fairly quickly. Both were very tasty and made with all ingredients promised. They have plenty of inside seating and several outside tables also. Free Wi-Fi. Healthy menu choices.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly and attentive service. Extensive menu options (soups, salads, sandwiches, smoothies, hot/cold tea and coffee; organic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free options). Everyone in our party was satisfied with selections.
Chill ambiance, indoors and outdoors. Many eating solo while doing work on laptops. Something for everyone.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Great place, wifi, and food! Had the roasted sweet potato salad and it was fabulous!! Fresh spinach, roasted strings of sweet potatoes and yummy goat cheese and more. My first visit but I will come back.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I used to love Nu Cafe but their prices have consistently increased while the quality of food and service has become much worse. Food that used to taste fresh now tastes processed and covered in sauces or salt. They have taken off the best things on the menu. Really dissatisfied with the direction they are headed.

Joshua V, Owner at NU Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Hi Elizabeth, I appreciate your feedback and am very sorry to hear about your recent experiences. Would you mind shooting me an email and expanding on the items you've had issues with and which ones you miss from our previous menu? We are totally up for feedback and making changes, so we would really appreciate it! - Joshua Van Dyke

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

The food and service at the Nu Cafe were excellent. My wife and I both had the grilled Turkey and avacado panini with a freshly prepared beet and ginger beverage. What was not pleasant were some of the customers. Although no smoking signs are promently posted outside, a couple of older non-English speaking men at the table next to us lit up anyway. Some others appeared to wonder aimlessly around the patio area. Of course this is Worcester, but the place seemed to be a magnet for poorly-behaved and mentally unstable people.