“big surprise”

Shangri-La
Ranked #225 of 586 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Have not been there in years. Was cozy, food was freshly fried, very tasty. Pu Pu platter gerat and plentiful. Drinks great very nicely surprised. Will return soon to try the sushi bar. it looked great.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Decent authentic Chinese dishes, although some of the Sichuan dishes are modified to fit general taste (compare the Red Pepper down the road).
Good portion for the price.
Service is bit disorganized as I think it's hard to find good help.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

The food here is much better than other Chinese restaurants in Worcester. Their appetizer plates feature a good selection, and value. Love the crab rangoons, and won ton soup. The shrimp in lobster sauce is the best anywhere. The atmosphere is very nice, with windows overlooking the common. For sushi lovers, they have a special all you can eat for both lunch and supper.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I have only eaten here once but once was enough to write a review. The restaurant itself looks great and has a nice atmosphere. I stopped in there for lunch and took it to go back to my office.

I ordered the Hot n Sour soup and the Chicken with Broccoli lunch dish. The soup was ok but didn't have that much flavor compared to other chinese places in Worcester and surrounding areas.

That wasn't the reason for the negative review. The reason was how small of a portion I received for a $10 lunch dish. I should have taken a picture but it was literally 4 pieces of chicken and 8 pieces of broccoli and a TON of fried rice. If you go to places like China Garden or China Taste in Marlborough they give you a lot of food for the price.

At Shangri-La, not so much. Needless to say I won't be going back there for lunch. I may try it for dinner one day though to see if the portion sizes are improved.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

We went down to take in the "Food Truck Festival" and it was chilly. While all the offerings were excellent there, and the atmosphere was fun, we decided it was just a bit too cold to be eating outside and ran across the street to, from the outside, an unassuming little Asian restaurant. I'd seen it a few times and wanted to try it. Walking in, it's much nicer than you would expect from the outside. I can't remember what it used to be. All dark wood. Very nice. We were seated in the window to people watch.

The star that was left off was for the lingering smell of cigarette smoke. Granted, there isn't anything they can do about that. It's in the wood and the walls from years and years of being a bar, I assume. But, eventually, we didn't notice it anymore.

We had a person who was unable to eat pork, a substitution was easily made to the lunch combo.

The choices were plenty.

The food was fresh and amazing. Not loaded with msg.

At one point I got a nice mouthful of fresh ginger. Surprising and welcome.

The Orange chicken had large bits of orange zest and chilies. There was no question as to what seasoned your food.

The presentation was beautiful, the service was not super, but I'm sure if we were there when it was busier, we would have had drinks refilled more often.

I think all of us who were there will visit again. I know I will.

3  Thank dsw2000