“Fresh, no frills, delicious Mexican”
Review of Sol of Mexico

Sol of Mexico
Ranked #78 of 626 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I've been here a handful of times and if I lived closer, I think I'd probably frequent Sol of Mexico A LOT more. It's a very small place but I've noticed a lot of customers getting orders to go at lunchtime so there is usually a seat if you want to eat there. The owner and (I think) her sons are always extremely pleasant and accommodating.

As for the food, no question, this is some of the best Mexican I've had and I LOVE Mexican food. Hands down, they have the best tamales that I've ever had. Every time I go I try to order at least two different things so I can try a lot of the menu (as well as testing my husbands meal and vice versa) and I've never had a bad dish. The guacamole is great as well as the shrimp or fish tacos. But really, it seems like you can't go wrong no matter what you order here. Everything is fresh, hot, seems to be made to order, and delicious.

I'm no expert on authentic Mexican cuisine. I'm not Mexican. And though I have been to Mexico, I stayed in a resort and didn't have an authentic Mexican dish the entire time I was there. This restaurant feels very authentic compared to the many other Mexican places I've eaten. With the friendly service and no over the top corny Mexican chachkies all over the place, this restaurant beats them all.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The Sol of Mexico is very small restaurant. There is only four or five tables. The owner and son are the only employees I've noticed. The food is fresh and made to order. The owner is very caring. I always call my order in to go. My favorite meal is a chicken Burritto with hot sauce inside. I have also tried the the chicken enchiladas. I try to try something different. This is a great day sample of the American Dream. I do have to caution you the atomospere is fair. I think it's a BYOB. I've seen couples and parties of five there.

P

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This place is small . Theres only 3 tables . To go is the way to go. The food is always top notch. Go here before you try any other so called mexican places in worcester . Family run , food made with love. You can tell by the taste.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

First, let me say I am a Texan and accustom to eating texmex food on a regular basis. Mexican food is a favorite. This tiny spot is really set up for take out but they do have a few tables if you choose to dine in. We ordered chips and salsa which is hard to mess up. Chicken quesadilla was heavy on cilantro and just different... Fish tacos were good. Tamales on menu but not available on a regular basis. I would have to try more dishes before I could eliminate this place but I won't rush back. I found it pricey for what you got compared to my extensive experience of dining out at Mexican restaurants... But try it! You might really like it.

2  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Sol is mainly for take out, but we were fortunate to get a table for lunch. The food is freshly prepared, but as a result, the food is not available immediately. The enchiladas and tamales were excellent. We'll be back soon.